December Hotfix for v1.05 - 2nd Army Issues

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Vic

December Hotfix for v1.05 - 2nd Army Issues

Post by Vic »

Hi all,

Update: January hotfix supercedes this hotfix. I changed the links inside this post to it to avoid people downloading the wrong hotfix

There has been a glitch in our v1.05 release. Our sincere apologies.

It concerns strange behaviour of AGC 2HQ in certain circumstances (unwanted deployment, doubled up unit on map, different theatre).

This December Hotfix fixes these issues. For players are stuck with this glitch it does however require a restart with this new barbarossa.dc3 file.

There are two ways to use the hotfix:

1. Matrix Users

1. Download the new DC3 file: http://www.vrdesigns.net/privatepatch/barbarossa.dc3

2. Find your game directory.

3. Rename your existing BarbScenarios/barbarossa.dc3 to something like BarbScenarios/barbarossa_backup.dc3

4. Copy the barbarossa.dc3 downloaded file in step 1 inside your BarbScenarios/ directory.

5. Start the game, start the Barbarossa scenario a new. In the scenario setup window you now see just below the scenario title the tiny text '3rd Jan 18 - Cameron 2AHQ 1.05v5' , this mean you know have the hot fix properly installed.

2. Steam (and Matrix) Users

1. Download the new DC3 file: http://www.vrdesigns.net/privatepatch/barbarossa.dc3

2. Save it at a place you'll remember like your Desktop.

3. Start the game and use the 'Load Scenario' button to load the downloaded barbarossa.dc3 scenario file. In the scenario setup window you now see just below the scenario title the tiny text '3rd Jan 18 - Cameron 2AHQ 1.05v5' , this mean you are now going to play the hotfixed scenario.

Alternate download

Also posted the barbarossa.dc3 in a ZIP if you are having issues with your browser changing the extension of the file.

Zipped barbarossa.dc3 file (either for Matrix or Steam version):
http://www.vrdesigns.net/privatepatch/barbarossa.zip

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Simulacra53

RE: December Hotfix for v1.05 - 2nd Army Issues

Post by Simulacra53 »

The file is a ZIP - you have to rename it to *.dc3 before it works.

That was a gamble, as I ran into difficulties with the ZIP - could not unpack and could not load it as a *.zip
So renaming was my last bet...

Maybe standard procedure, but unknown to me (or I missed the obvious).

[:D]
Simulacra53
Free Julian Assange
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

I click on the link and my firefox browser download a *.dc3 file, there is no .zip file
you must download the file and move or copy to BarbScenarios/ directory

Simulacra53

Post by Simulacra53 »

When I use IE it downloads a ZIP, when I use Firefox it downloads a DC3 file.
Could be some WinZip setting on my side.

Misunderstood the way this hotfix works - every time your start a new Barbarossa game you gave to load the new DC3 file.
I loaded the file earlier and later started a new game the normal way - so after c.3hrs in the same thing happens with 2A.

Grumble [:-]

Yes, sure I now understand, but I still have to rinse away the bad taste of 6+ hrs wasted.
Like the series, but between the meat grinder Soviet AI and this bug I am hopeful that we'll see a real patch soon.

Happy Christmas / Vrolijk Kerstfeest!
Simulacra53
Free Julian Assange
jchron2

Post by jchron2 »

I couldn't get the hotfix to work either. Until version 1.05 is permanently repaired, I went back to version 1.04.
cherryfunk

Post by cherryfunk »

The hotfix doesn't work for me. I've started 3 different games and the 2nd Army bug happened in all three. I tried to play through it, but when 2nd Army gets 6 divisions, each draining 5PP per turn, the game becomes unplayable.

So at the moment it's totally broken, for me at least.

Can we get a working hotfix? And can you post it to Steam as well, please?
cherryfunk

Post by cherryfunk »

Below is a screenshot from my last game (start of the July 28 turn), playing the hotfix as its own scenario -- obviously these penalties are so severe that I just quit and have no interest in playing until this is fixed.

If there's a way to play the earlier v1.04 build on Steam, I'll settle for that, but I'm not sure how to rollback the Steam install.

Given that the game is currently on sale at a big discount on Steam (60% off) this seems like a bad time to have a game-crippling bug on the loose...
Attachments
DCB2ABugb.jpg
DCB2ABugb.jpg (161.21 KiB) Viewed 357 times
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: cherryfunk
Given that the game is currently on sale at a big discount on Steam (60% off) this seems like a bad time to have a game-crippling bug on the loose...

I agree. Having a bug in our game exactly around x-mas is bad timing on my part, since the publisher is almost at zero staff around this time.

There is not much I can do. Except point to the hotfix at the moment.

Will post it at Steam forums as well.

Will try to get this auto-installed asap.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
cherryfunk

Post by cherryfunk »

There is not much I can do. Except point to the hotfix at the moment.
As I've been saying here and on Steam, the hotfix 'SCN VERSION: 18TH DEC'17 - CAMERON 1.05V4' hasn't fixed the problem for me. See my screenshot above.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Cherry,

Just to be 100% sure you are playing the correct hotfixed scenario.

In the game with your issue can you take a look in the BRIEF tab , go to CONFIG and check the scenario version mentioned there.

If it says '26' you are playing the scenario with the bug, if it says '27' you are playing the hotfixed scenario.

If it says '27' could you send a savegame to vic@vrdesigns.net and cameron.tasmania AT gmail.com

Best wishes,
Vic
jecunningham

Post by jecunningham »

I'm having the same issue using scenario 27. I emailed you my latest save game.

Thanks,

Jim Cunningham

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”