Quick questions

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

jjdenver

Quick questions

Post by jjdenver »

How many units do Germans need to garrison in Poland to prevent heightened SU belligerence? And where do they have to be? I took a look at scripts but couldn't locate it. Thanks.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
sPzAbt653

RE: Quick questions

Post by sPzAbt653 »

tm.asp?m=4380022

All of the USSR triggers are there. If it isn't there, then there isn't one. [:)]
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Which type of bomber do you buy first as Germany (or any other country for that matter)? Mediums seem to be better at reducing entrenchment but take pretty heavy casualties when I launch strikes with them. Tac bombers seem to be better at killing off strength points. Is one of them preferred?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

With the developement of GA 2 there`s no longer a difference in deentrenchement between both types. It`s possible to extend Germany`s force pool by buying all available tac. bombers (as well as med. tanks) before the DAK arrives; assuming you`ll never lose any of them

Med. bomber`s strength is especially usefull in fighting enemy`s planes given their advanced range.
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

ORIGINAL: Sugar
With the developement of GA 2 there`s no longer a difference in deentrenchement between both types. It`s possible to extend Germany`s force pool by buying all available tac. bombers (as well as med. tanks) before the DAK arrives; assuming you`ll never lose any of them

Med. bomber`s strength is especially usefull in fighting enemy`s planes given their advanced range.

Great info. So you often use med bombers to hit enemy air force? Is it better to hit enemy planes with fighter, medium, tac, or strategic bombers?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

In general it`s best to attack bombers with fighters and fighters with bombers, except they are dug in, in which case I`d prefer using a bomber for deentrenchement at first. Any plane that`s attacked by a bomber at first will be easily finished off by any other plane, especially if you priorized air research.

Germany`s priority is to develope LR after arty- and subs lvl 1 finished, therefore tac. bombers and fighters usually won`t be able to reach enemy planes during the early stage of war. In this case med. bombers are the only ones to reach their position, if placed well.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I'm seriously considering purchasing this game. However, a couple of things give me pause like the above " it's best to attack fighters with bombers". This doesn't make sense to me if it's air to air combat, but it does if the poster means ground attacking an airbase.
Thanks for any clarification.
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

Sugar means using the medium bombers to bomb the enemy fighter bases; which he did with extreme effectiveness in our game.
Robert Harris
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Another question:
How do you know which hexes are partisan hexes and need to be garrisoned? Does garrisoning mean having a unit _in_ the hex? Or just next to the hex? Thanks.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

In general it`s best to attack bombers with fighters and fighters with bombers, except they are dug in, in which case I`d prefer using a bomber for deentrenchement at first. Any plane that`s attacked by a bomber at first will be easily finished off by any other plane, especially if you priorized air research.

Germany`s priority is to develope LR after arty- and subs lvl 1 finished, therefore tac. bombers and fighters usually won`t be able to reach enemy planes during the early stage of war. In this case med. bombers are the only ones to reach their position, if placed well.

Do you mean that you prioritize long range plane research over things like tank and infantry war research? Probably not right?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

ORIGINAL: jjdenver
Another question:
How do you know which hexes are partisan hexes and need to be garrisoned? Does garrisoning mean having a unit _in_ the hex? Or just next to the hex? Thanks.
3.6.27. Partisan Locations
To view where Partisan activity can be expected,
pressing the ‘P’ key on your keyboard will show
all likely partisan trigger points, though only for
countries that are currently at war.
To prevent Partisans from appearing it will
suffice to have a unit in either that hex or an
adjacent one.
Note, regular Partisan logos indicate partisans
that will be added to the map while those shown
with a red circle and a line through them represent
locations where Partisans will only reduce the
strength of resources.
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Do you mean that you prioritize long range plane research over things like tank and infantry war research? Probably not right?

Not usually, unless you're trying to do something funky (e.g. it may be more of a priority if planning for a Sea Lion)
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
Amicofritz

Post by Amicofritz »

Hi, jj.
Please contact me at jon.rydne@gmail.com. I'm up for a game.
We played many email games some years back (Decisive Battes of WWII etc.)

Regards Amicofritz
Amicofritz
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Amico, I tried to email you but mail bounced. Any other email I can try?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

If you invade and take Denmark prior to the DE that lets you get Norway + Denmark....will you still get the DE for Norway?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

If you invade and take Denmark prior to the DE that lets you get Norway + Denmark....will you still get the DE for Norway?

Yeah that's me who did that...

Not having played through as Axis from the beginning, I didn't know there was a scripted even for taking Denmark and executed a brilliant invasion plan...[:D]

So will I have to manually take Norway as well?
n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

Norway also has a script. There was a pretty good topic about the pro's and cons about doing it manually. (can't find it atm)
The main reason for the script is that it's very easy for the allies to prevent a Norway invasion as it's no surprise when you will attempt it.
In return for the MPP investment you get some units and an "easy" invasion.
It makes the game "flow" a lot better as the main battles are in France, Africa and Russia anyway.
TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

So the Norway scripted event just came up.

When will the Fall of France scripted event come up?
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

If French Morale = 0 after the fall of Paris. If morale > 0 then when morale hits 0 (i.e. take a few more towns and kill a few more units).
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Amicofritz

Post by Amicofritz »

But it didn't go through is there another email I can use? This is jjdenver

Hi, yes, use jon.rydne@gmail.com

I tried to answer you by PM, but it says "Your storage is full" ...
Amicofritz

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”