Forums

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

mccartyg

Forums

Post by mccartyg »

I seem to be locked out of TOAW IV forums for trying to post a link. This forum software and it's parameters are terrible. Seriously dislike how notifications are sent to email rather than an internal log. The ban on activities for new users are ridiculous. May I be unbanned from TOAW IV or whom do I have to message?
zakblood

RE: Forums

Post by zakblood »

no one really, as all message are read and seen, and replied to, but this time of year, it may take a while longer,

the post restrictions put in place are there to keep spammers out and so repeat spam posts aren't made and do work, but sometimes a bit too well for newer good members, this is a price everyone has paid, for a few sad people who wish to spam
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
operating

Post by operating »

Hi! Welcome to the Matrix forum.. Once you get settled in you should realize that the Matrix forums are probably the best in the gaming industry and with moderators like zakblood the most informative. Merry Christmas to you all..!! (it would have been nice to have a seasonal smiley)[:)]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
mccartyg

Post by mccartyg »

Still banned from some TOAW forums/threads for some reason. Guess I have to message those forum moderators. Using the email notification system is very poor in my opinion. It would take less server resources to implement an internal notification system and then have it consolidated to the same site rather than the member's email account. The notify me via email should at least be unchecked by default or have a switch in the user preferences. Merry Christmas ;]

Just found there is a PM inbox so why can't notifications just be sent there instead of spamming the email account? Also, found the preference switch disabling email notifications by default.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i've PM'ed a staff mod for you so as soon as he's on, he will fix it, if it's a permission issue etc
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

You should post now without restrictions.

Return to “General Discussion”