Does the AI get a further unload bonus?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dirtnap86

Does the AI get a further unload bonus?

Post by Dirtnap86 »

Hello,

First thread here, I've been playing a Scen 2 AI game and while its only mid march, I was curious if the AI gets a further unload bonus besides the typical invasion bonus.

At this point in the game, I'm sending a bunch of engineers and infantry to build up Akyab/Cox/Chittagong. At Akyab I have 2 Arty units and 3 Engineer units, with an infantry unit 2 miles away.

The AI lands and in one turn deposits the entirety of the 25th Division. In a single unload phase. And then shock attacks, despite having just landed troops. As far as I can tell, there were only 3 ships in the task force that landed them.

I admit, land warfare in WitP:AE isn't my strong suit but something seems a bit off there.

Appreciate the help
BBfanboy

RE: Does the AI get a further unload bonus?

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Dirtnap86

Hello,

First thread here, I've been playing a Scen 2 AI game and while its only mid march, I was curious if the AI gets a further unload bonus besides the typical invasion bonus.

At this point in the game, I'm sending a bunch of engineers and infantry to build up Akyab/Cox/Chittagong. At Akyab I have 2 Arty units and 3 Engineer units, with an infantry unit 2 miles away.

The AI lands and in one turn deposits the entirety of the 25th Division. In a single unload phase. And then shock attacks, despite having just landed troops. As far as I can tell, there were only 3 ships in the task force that landed them.

I admit, land warfare in WitP:AE isn't my strong suit but something seems a bit off there.

Appreciate the help
The landing bonus doesn't expire until April 01, and yes, it does let the Japanese unload in one phase. The shock attack when landing happens automatically at atolls, but it is not usual for larger land masses. However a very aggressive LCU commander can sometimes shock attack immediately on arrival.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

It is not an AI bonus, it is an IJ bonus. I'm not aware that the AI gets any other unloading bonuses.
Pax
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

It definitely gets a loading screen bonus due to a faster CPU.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

It is not an AI bonus, it is an IJ bonus. I'm not aware that the AI gets any other unloading bonuses.

Correct although I wouldn't be surprised if those posters who regularly invent non existent AI cheats, were to add this one to their list of imaginary cheats.

Alfred
Aurorus

Post by Aurorus »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

The landing bonus doesn't expire until April 01, and yes, it does let the Japanese unload in one phase.

This is what I had always thought, but I just executed a landing on April 6th in my game against Apbarog, and I received the amphibious bonus, so I think it may expire on April 7th, exactly 4 months into the war. This was a DBB, though. I am not sure if DBB changed the expiration date for the amphibious bonus or if it is even possible to do this in the editor.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

The AI sometimes gets an additional unloading phase that occurs during the planning execution, before the turn execution begins.

I have only ever seen this happen during the early months of 1942 and suspect it may be somehow tied to the Japanese invasion bonus as I have only seen it occur during that period.

I have seen it many times though so I also suspect it wasn't a glitch when it happened.

Normally, there a four amphibious unloading phases per turn, one at the beginning and end of the day night phase and one at the beginning and end of the day phase.

What I am referring to happens during the AIs planning execution before the execution of the night phase begins.

When it happens the AI goes one to get the same four unloading phases during the turn that the player gets and ends up getting 5 unloading phases that turn.

Has anyone else witnessed this phenomenon?
Hans

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”