Nach Frankreich(t) - Victory Message

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Beruldsen

Nach Frankreich(t) - Victory Message

Post by Beruldsen »

I've taken all the major objectives (cities) and currently have an overwhelming victory. There are over 30 turns remaining ... when do I see a Victory Message?
Oberst_Klink

RE: Nach Frankreich(t) - Victory Message

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Beruldsen

I've taken all the major objectives (cities) and currently have an overwhelming victory. There are over 30 turns remaining ... when do I see a Victory Message?
When all Frenchies are 'in the bag'? Dunno, ask sPzAbt653; maybe there's no auto-victory event of some sort?

Klink, Oberst

P.S. How long did it take you to overrun the Allies, Arne?
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Beruldsen

Post by Beruldsen »

I captured Paris on June 25 ... had already taken Lille and Nancy. Holland fell on the third day ... but Belgium took much longer ... probably because I diverted Panzers to the south.

This is a fun scenario with plenty of options. I even attacked (not a major attack) the north eastern part of the Maginot Line which I think diverted a lot of French troops.

The only odd thing about this scenario, other than not knowing about when Victory occurs, is the sudden disappearance of all the Brits when Belgium surrenders. I had taken most of the ports and I assumed some sort of entrapment.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Does this help any ?

Victory Conditions:
Paris, Brussels, Den Haag, Lille and Nancy are worth 50 Victory Points each. LeHavre, Cherbourg, Brest, Saint-Nazaire and Pontarliers are worth 10 Victory Points each. Control of these locations will determine victory. When the German Victory Level reaches 250, the scenario will end.

The BEF:
Due to the complexities involved in withdrawing the BEF according to the historical circumstances that led to its withdrawal, the BEF is currently tied to the surrender of Belgium. Each turn after Belgium surrenders there is a 50% chance the BEF will withdraw. Historically, the BEF appeared commited to the continent even as the situation deteriorated. But once the Belgian Army was no longer available to protect the BEF's left flank, they had no choice but to leave. Therefore, this withrawal event seems reasonable.
Beruldsen

Post by Beruldsen »

Yes it does ... thank you.
Beruldsen

Post by Beruldsen »

Well ... I reached 250 and the scenario is continuing ... ???
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Ok, now you've got me looking ... first to saved end of game files, all are 300 or more, not good. Now to the events, they are set to 300, not 250, more not good. Well that sucks, so then I go to my notes, and I see that I had some juggling during playtesting to get it to work right, so it seems that at some point I changed it in game but not in the notes. [:(]

So the notes are wrong, but I am sure that when you get to 300 you will win [;)]

Edit: Now I see 300 in the Scenario Briefing, do you see 300 there ?
Beruldsen

Post by Beruldsen »

I did not see 300 in the Briefing and 300 seems a bit much ... if you've reached 250 you have all the major cities and many of the coastal ones.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

But you get points for casualty differences, so you can reach 250 without capturing them all.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”