8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

SparkleyTits

RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES

Post by SparkleyTits »

I look forward to seeing you back on the front lines comrade
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist
Team games are less demanding in overall time commitment, but you need to be able to spontaneously free some time when the turn is ready for you don't want to let others wait for you, and the latter one usually is the problem for me.

This a really good point - and EvK has put in to words something I have had difficulty doing for a while. You can ease it to some extent by scheduling in advance who goes when. And having an active turn manager to change the sequence as real lives change. I have found wives birthdays and thanksgiving to be important things to consider for playing team WitE recently!

At some point I wanted to make a sort of guide, or at least airing, of all these sorts of issues that come up with a team game. At least as a sort of guide to others who may consider it!
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

One proposal I once had for the Axis team was to use the team aspect to our advantage time wise.

Given that we had players in different time zones, and if players could save their unfinished turns before they went to sleep for others to continue in that time period, we could actually have a continuous 24 hour rolling team side go. My team shot me down though saying that was way too complicated [:-] However I still think the idea has legs. [8D]
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Turn 18 in dropbox for the Soviet team
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Got it. The Soviet thread is now open to everyone.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

I suggested to the Axis team to leave our forum open too. All agreed/no objections. So from now on you should consider the Axis forum also open to all going forward.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Axis team now on turn 19.

If EvK was taking a go on turn 18, that would mean the Soviet turn 18 was the quickest ever turn for a full four man side in the game so far.
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Yes, EvK is actively running the center. We had the good fortune to have all hands on deck at this time.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Snow on the battlefield, and for much of the Axis team snow when we look out of the window!

Turn 19 in dropbox
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Got it. Snow out my window to put me in the right frame of mind.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Forgot to add Stelteck covered North this turn. We are going to post for a new team member - after a discussion we have a plan on how to make it work into 1942. I am drafting a text for a new opponents wanted thread. It may also be useful for the soviet team to cast their eyes over it before we post it.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Announcing a new player to the EightMP team game

The Axis team introduces their newest member of the team - Crackaces

Many of you will know Crackaces from their postings on these forums. Crackaces is also an Axis commander in the other team game where I am also a commander - so already knows what it is to suffer from that burden! Crackaces is from the United States and has an involvement in war gaming that goes back to the days of Avalon Hill.

With lowsugar stepping back from turn by turn gos there was a vacancy on the team. But looking to the 1942 campaign it might make more sense to change the line up for the team - depending on what our strategy is for then. But rather than deciding a strategy, making the roles to fit and then recruiting for a vacancy we thought it would be better to recruit someone now to be involved in deciding the strategy and what the roles would be. So with Crackaces on the team they will be fully involved in developing our 1942 game plan and their role in it. Additionally but secondarily Crackaces could also take up a ground command role until we change round for our 1942 set up.

So the current Axis team line up is

Stelteck - Centre and acting North
thedude357 - South
Crackaces - pending appointment to 1942 ground command and any before it
lowsugar - honorary retired ground commander and head of electronic warfare (AKA dropbox)
Telemecus - Supreme

There will be an updates as the roles change.

For the lurker here is the story so far:-

lowsugar started the game as Axis commander of the North against Soviet EwaldvonKleist who has also been acting South commander, retired and is now moonlighting as Centre. EwaldvonKleist is not Ewald von Kleist leader of the first Panzer Group who is suing EwaldvonKleist for copyright infringement and now also improper use of their image. lowsugar then went head to head with M60A3TTS who is now Soviet Supreme commander. And finally lowsugar came against SparkleyTits, not just as North Soviet commander in this game but in other games past and ongoing as well. SparkleyTits is not only North Soviet commander in this game but Centre Axis commander in the other team game where Crackaces was already North Axis commander and also playing Soviet against Crackaces in another game. Crackaces in this game is now replacing lowsugar who was North commander but not necessarily to be North commander. Telemecus is Supreme Axis commander in both team games where Crackaces is also an Axis commander, but where SparkleyTits is Axis commander in one but not the other. Meanwhile thedude357, Stelteck and Lictuel are just very confused.

See the next episode of this drama on

The Soviet team in the 2by3+ team game are looking for a new commander. It is a much lower commitment than going solo. A great way for a beginner to do their first game against others. And if you are an old hand come and show us your stuff. If you would like to join the team do post here or on any of the games other threads, or feel free to message Neogodhobo or myself.
Dreamslayer

Post by Dreamslayer »

The Soviet team in the 2by3+ team game are looking for a new commander
What about poster with photo of executed Dmitry Pavlov and the slogan "You can be next" ? =)
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Dreamslayer
The Soviet team in the 2by3+ team game are looking for a new commander
What about poster with photo of executed Dmitry Pavlov and the slogan "You can be next" ? =)
[:D] How about a poster of Stalin with the words, 'Uncle Joe wants you'?
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

Your Telenovela post made me laugh so hard Telemecus [:D]
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Joe Stalin, eh? :D
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

That joke is probably understood everywhere in the world apart from my own country ironically enough

The Soviet team in the 2by3+ team game are looking for a new commander. It is a much lower commitment than going solo. A great way for a beginner to do their first game against others. And if you are an old hand come and show us your stuff. If you would like to join the team do post here or on any of the games other threads, or feel free to message Neogodhobo or myself.
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

That joke is probably understood everywhere in the world apart from my own country ironically enough

[&o][&o][&o]
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Turn 20 in Dropbox.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Turn 20 in dropbox over to the Soviet Team

Stelteck covered for North this turn

The Soviet team in the 2by3+ team game are looking for a new commander. It is a much lower commitment than going solo. A great way for a beginner to do their first game against others. And if you are an old hand come and show us your stuff. If you would like to join the team do post on any of the games threads, or feel free to message Neogodhobo or myself.

Return to “After Action Reports”