Automatic Hit?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

clrice100

Automatic Hit?

Post by clrice100 »

What is an Automatic Hit? In the screenshot below, the axis sub vs allied heavy fleet torpedo attack, there is an automatic hit adding +12 to the attacking die roll. I find nothing in the manual about an automatic hit. This is a huge attacker modifier resulting in a damage point by itself.

In addition to this, there is an Evasion Mod of -1 for the heavy fleet due to the fact is was previously fired upon. This I understand but how does this -1 get increased to -4 in the defense roll?

I am having a hard time understanding combat results in this game. They don't seem to be according to the manual. I reviewed all of the documented changes in the patches to see if something was changed from the original rules but found nothing to explain this.

Attachments
autohit.jpg
autohit.jpg (124.46 KiB) Viewed 149 times
rjh1971

RE: Automatic Hit?

Post by rjh1971 »

Page 72 of the manual

Attachments
GGAWD_3.jpg
GGAWD_3.jpg (47.92 KiB) Viewed 149 times
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
clrice100

Post by clrice100 »

I thought it might be the critical hit, but since I have seen it several times in the early stages of my first game, and since it is only a 5% chance, I wasn't sure. I guess I have just been unlucky. Would have been nice if it was labeled "critical hit" and not "automatic hit" in the combat results.

Any idea why the fired at -1 Evasion Mod results in a -4 to the defensive factor? Or is there an additional -3 from some other modification?
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: clrice100

I thought it might be the critical hit, but since I have seen it several times in the early stages of my first game, and since it is only a 5% chance, I wasn't sure. I guess I have just been unlucky. Would have been nice if it was labeled "critical hit" and not "automatic hit" in the combat results.

Any idea why the fired at -1 Evasion Mod results in a -4 to the defensive factor? Or is there an additional -3 from some other modification?

Can't understand that either, may be Joel Billings could answer this one, try sending him a pm. Wanderinghead has been gone mia for a loooong time, same as Jan Sorensen, those where the expert fellows.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

Return to “Tech Support”