looking for another game

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

ironduke1955

RE: looking for another game

Post by ironduke1955 »

What he said[&:]
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Did all of you take a look at the map. Any comments. Could we settle down on 1939?
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

1939 is fine if you insist )
Favoritism is alive and well here.
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

I'll check the map out in a bit... battle of the beasts :) Date is fine by me... I think soviets starting out with the T34 could be a bit unfair.
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

I'd say nation cities isolated around enemies needs fixing. If they are surrounded or backed by allies that's fine-- a fighting chance is fair. But a few nations that will have their cities destroyed without recourse to save them. That would be my only complaint.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Quick observation on the map.

Russians and Italians are isolated almost undefendable positions, be nice if we had some options to support allies 4 Axis and 3 Allies some cities on there lonesome Calday (Russian) Reggio Calabria (Italy) they will not last long.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

1-If you start in Oct 1939 the Russians will have the KV-1 but not the T-34, that´s why I suggest 1938
2-Geography is never fair, Russians and Italians are at disadvantage but they´re also in opposed teams
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

If you want I'll edit the map and flip the cities...I'll put the Russian in the Italian and vice versa. Yeah I agree on 38 the last Bombur game showed that too powerful tanks early, while fun for me the guy with tanks, it was unfair for others.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

If you´re to flip sides, remember to change People too, or the cities will be useless, also change hex possession. I don´t think it´s necessary however, the two teams might work a plan to defend these cities.
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

I uploaded MK II, along side the original, with adjustments, check my work Bobmur... yeah, I think I hit all the points... but I did it pre coffee... so anything is possible... let me know if you want anything else changed....
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Looks good, if it comes to the worst at least one Russian or Italian city will survive. Nice job Armoured Lion.

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Made a last change, by increasing the size of cities for the British, they had only 17VP vs 26 for Italy. Now the difference between the bigger country and the smaller one is 26:22. We are ready to start

Teams

Team #1: Pork Chops
Duke = Brits
Lao = US
AL = Soviets

Team #2: Bewilder Beasts
Bombur = Italy
TT = France
Hatem = japan
Falco = Germans
Sequence of play

1-USA
2-Soviets
3-British
4-France
5-Germany
6-Japan
7-Italy

Lordlau, you starts. Good luck to everyone and even better luck to our team.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

char-g1 new model french medium tank does not appear in toe because the anson right before it has same reinforcement number and you did not fix french bb and german 1936 destroyer the destroyer never appears for building and it and the french bb have same reinforcement number so french bb does not appear in toe
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Ok, I will fix for next version.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

The DD Z1936 is already fixed and it appears in the production list.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I just checked the version I have and it was not fixed. I had to change the numbers myself. I am pretty sure I used the version you provided. The loss of the destroyer is not critical as all that is different between 34 and 36 model is a few hit points and armor
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

It appears there is a British turn in the dropbox. I am USA. Am I supposed to start?
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

No, it was a mix up...Duke goes first.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

No mix up the turn is set for the USA (New Empire) there is no password protection I got straight in.

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Ohhh there's a mix up...I'm mixed up... I was just going by what Bombur said... physiological warfare right out of the shoot. The bewilder beast are masters of deception it appears.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”