converting maps from toaw 3 to toaw 4

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
bde4soldier223

converting maps from toaw 3 to toaw 4

Post by bde4soldier223 »

i just want to be clear....i just open the map from toaw 3 in the editor for toaw 4 and save it?

so it should work after that right? or do you still need to do some changes?
Dr. Foo

RE: converting maps from toaw 3 to toaw 4

Post by Dr. Foo »

Yes, it has worked for me. Even got a message Map is the Wrong Size, it still opened and was saved to TOAW IV.
*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*
76mm

Post by 76mm »

It didn't work for me: when I tried to open the map as a map, I got a "map wrong size" message and the map was totally blank. But if I opened the map as a scenario, it worked...weird.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

It didn't work for me: when I tried to open the map as a map, I got a "map wrong size" message and the map was totally blank. But if I opened the map as a scenario, it worked...weird.
Same. What I do, when converting stuff from III to IV is, to load the scenario, dump the map, .OOB. Alas, when designing or modifying/adjusting old scenarios, I make sure I use III, e.g. OOBs for sure with the help of Andy's editor and Notepad++.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Herr Oberst, what else to you use Notepad++ for? You suggested using it to read the events, and that worked well--but what other uses does it have with TOAW IV?
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

Herr Oberst, what else to you use Notepad++ for? You suggested using it to read the events, and that worked well--but what other uses does it have with TOAW IV?
Well... creating/editing/adjusting .TOE, .UNIT, .FORCE, .OOB see my Tutorial '42 - Editor.

I think it's more than just a handy tool, in conjunction with Andy's editors, to create the foundation of scenarios and then import them into IV.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Great, will check out that tutorial!

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”