More armored icons possible?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dili

More armored icons possible?

Post by Dili »

Is it possible to edit the graphics file to get at least 2 more armored icons available: mechanized infantry and mechanized artillery?
Dali101

RE: More armored icons possible?

Post by Dali101 »

ORIGINAL: Dili

Is it possible to edit the graphics file to get at least 2 more armored icons available: mechanized infantry and mechanized artillery?

I do not think it is ....
Dili

Post by Dili »

We have icon 12 for cavalry, icon 13 for Para - this is hardcoded to give parachut capabilities to units, icon 19 i think is commando, which can be transported by submarine. Maybe some icon not in use?

Another option , is it possible to give the existing infantry icon to an mechanised(armored) unit?
Dali101

Post by Dali101 »

no no.......... all hard codded
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Yes, it's hard coded. I remember doing it...

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Dili

Post by Dili »

wdolson maybe is not possible but the idea was like this, let's suppose i don't have an armored brigade in my OOB can i re-propose that icon - of course changing it graphically - to a mechanized division making reference to its number in LCU symbol screen?

Corrected.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”