Advice on making lets play videos

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

fatgreta1066

Advice on making lets play videos

Post by fatgreta1066 »

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to get started doing this. I've tried the following recording programs, with the following results:

OBS - won't start recording
Shadowplay - Can't figure out how to get it to screen record, or recognize command
Share FX - Won't record audio from my microphone
Loilo Game Recorder - Will record audio and video but massive audio dropout

I've watched video tutorials for all of the above but can't figure out how to get them working. I wonder if the folks who do a lot of these use a separate audio program to record their voice, then figure out a way to sync the audio and video? Also of note I'm only using my computer microphone.

I'm using a Dell inspiron laptop with a GeForce 940MX video card and an i7-7500U quad core processor, I wonder if that's not enough computing power maybe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BradOrbital

RE: Advice on making lets play videos

Post by BradOrbital »

Strange though, oh wait... you using windows 10? Check your permissions in windows 10 settings, it might require permission to be enabled for ShareX to use your microphone.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”