Stuck at Relocate Unit Digression

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

petersp

Stuck at Relocate Unit Digression

Post by petersp »

The situation is Libya has just been conquered by the Commonwealth but there is still an Italian Supply Unit in Libya at hex 80,38. The system is trying to force the unit to be moved into Tunisia at hex 80,36 but Tunisia is neutral under Vichy control. So, unable to end the subphase and move on. Save game attached just prior to the conquest phase.
[&:]
Attachments
Stuck.zip
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Dabrion

RE: Stuck at Relocate Unit Digression

Post by Dabrion »

The supply unit is Italian and, assuming Libya was not the last home country of an incompletely conquered Italy (e.g. Italy exist), at war with the Commonwealth. Supply units are land units, so the hex is occupied by an Italian land unit at war with the conqueror and should therefore stay in the hex with the hex under Italian control.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
petersp

Post by petersp »

Is there a way to remove a unit from the map? I don't care about the supply unit, I'd rather just continue with the game.
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

There are some dudes around with expertise in changing save games. Perhaps they can help.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

I can relocate the unit to the force pool but cannot end the phase and the game cannot be saved at this point.

Two choices: 1 - provide a game save from just before the end of turn roll, (I think I can fix it then) then you set die rolls, end the turn and repeat up to this point in the game.

2. go here: tm.asp?m=4136832 and get the manual and see if you can alter the game file you posted.
Paul
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

Honestly.. Peter just wants to continue.. [spoiler]If you can throw you wait in just do it ffs..[/spoiler]
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Thanks for coming out.
Paul
petersp

Post by petersp »

Thank you Paul for that link for the game file explanation. I moved the Supply Unit to another Italian controlled territory still under its control and I can now proceed with the game. [&o]
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

it is a known bug.

only way to move, is to load a early save game, and move the units with debug tools, (or by editing save game)
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

Return to “Tech Support”