Panzerkrieg: Rhzev salient scenario

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

Wavell1940

Panzerkrieg: Rhzev salient scenario

Post by Wavell1940 »

I've just completed this scenario successfully. However, despite surviving the battle, the two infantry units mentioned in the secondary objectives have not been added to my core force for the next scenario. Any ideas about what might have happened?
bru888

RE: Panzerkrieg: Rhzev salient scenario

Post by bru888 »

I was on the beta team. Let me look at the scenario in the editor and I'll get back to you soon.
Wavell1940

Post by Wavell1940 »

Thank you![:)]
bru888

Post by bru888 »

OK, it seems to be working (or else I think it would have been reported in Slitherine's Tech Support by now). What happens is this:

In Rhzev, if either a specific infantry unit or heavy infantry unit located on or near Istonski (click the question mark to the left of the objective to see where that is on the map) is killed, the objective is failed, period. If they both survive until the end of the scenario, however, you are credited with the objective achievement and a campaign variable is updated.

In Demyansk, the next scenario, on Turn 5 (maybe this is what is throwing you as you don't get them right away), a matching pair of infantry and heavy infantry units are spawned along with Junkers Ju-52 air transport. (Continued in next post.)

Attachments
Screenshot3.jpg
Screenshot3.jpg (114.14 KiB) Viewed 267 times
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Now, those units are not paratroopers so the idea is that you need to fly the transports to Demyansk Airfield and land them. When you do, the units disembark.

So, here's the kicker. You get these units in any event, whether they both survived in Rzhev or not. The only difference is, if they did survive, they are spawned as core units in Demyansk. If they did not survive, they are spawned as auxiliary units.

At least that is what the scenario trigger says. When I ran the scenarios just now, I "nuked" through Rzhev to get to Demyansk (cheat code #igotnukes) and that may prevent the objective from having actually been won. I am saying this because I received them as auxiliary units in Demyansk. Still, I would think we would have heard something about it over at Slitherine if it was a bug, but I don't see anything about it.

Attachments
Screenshot4.jpg
Screenshot4.jpg (91.66 KiB) Viewed 267 times
Wavell1940

Post by Wavell1940 »

Thank you for explaining this. I'm about to play the Rhzev salient scenario again and will see what happens when the two airbourne units appear.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”