World War Three 1946

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Hairog

RE: World War Three 1946

Post by Hairog »

ORIGINAL: sad ham

Two more questions:

- why russian rocket weapons research cannot gain the fourth level?

That is by design. I didn't feel that by 1946-48 the Soviets would use their limited resources on a questionable weapons system. Almost all historians agree that the V1 and V2 were a colossal waste of manpower and money and I believe Stalin knew that. He was not into revenge weapons. Remember the Brits and US were his allies at one point. I could change that if you give me a good reason.

- if Russia declares war to Iraq, Persia, Saudi Arabia, Ireland, it can enter with troops into that Country, but cannot destroy the military units that garrison the capital or other places. Why?

I'm pretty sure it's a bug and I forget to ask Hubert about it. There is a AAR on Youtube HERE that shows the same thing happening. It is not by design by any means. I'll ask Hubert about that as well.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

ORIGINAL: Hairog

Allies cannot send troops to the Persian Gulf. Connection between sea areas do not work. Why?

That was supposed to have been fixed. I'll look into it again. I have an update coming and we can incorporate any fixes in it. Sorry about that but it will be rectified.

Harry

It has not been fixed, so that the US and French fleets in the Persian Gulf are useless because they cannot move out of there, so that the game is unbalanced in the Soviet favour. I'll wait you will fix it. Thanks.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Allies cannot send troops to the Persian Gulf. Connection between sea areas do not work. Why?

That was supposed to have been fixed. I'll look into it again. I have an update coming and we can incorporate any fixes in it. Sorry about that but it will be rectified.

Harry

It has not been fixed, so that the US and French fleets in the Persian Gulf are useless because they cannot move out of there, so that the game is unbalanced in the Soviet favour. I'll wait you will fix it. Thanks.

Humm...its working just fine on both of my copies. One from Steam and the other from Matrix.

Try this. Do you know where and how to replace scripts? Usually for user mods they are located...(see picture)

Go to the "Events File" and change the name of the loop.txt there to loop1.txt or something like that just for backup. Then copy this loop file from DropBox into the "Events Folder" replacing the loop.txt file.

or you could just open the file in Note Pad and copy the scripts for the Persian Gulf. Then open the editor or the file in note pad, paste and leave the rest alone.

Give that a try. It should work. If not get back to us and will figure something else out.

Attachments
Loopreplace.jpg
Loopreplace.jpg (199.24 KiB) Viewed 338 times
WW III 1946 Books
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Harry

Humm...its working just fine on both of my copies. One from Steam and the other from Matrix.

Try this. Do you know where and how to replace scripts? Usually for user mods they are located...(see picture)

Go to the "Events File" and change the name of the loop.txt there to loop1.txt or something like that just for backup. Then copy this loop file from DropBox into the "Events Folder" replacing the loop.txt file.

or you could just open the file in Note Pad and copy the scripts for the Persian Gulf. Then open the editor or the file in note pad, paste and leave the rest alone.

Give that a try. It should work. If not get back to us and will figure something else out.

No way. I've substituted the txt file, as your suggestion, but the fleets do not move out from Persian Gulf. See the pic. The stay there all the time.
Attachments
PersianGulf.jpg
PersianGulf.jpg (691.8 KiB) Viewed 340 times
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

There is, at the start, a US division in Ragensburg. Usually when I play with Soviets I kill it without any problem, but if I play with Allies, the Soviet AI never kill it, and it and stay there even after Soviets conquer all Europe. Is it an AI bug?
Attachments
Ragensburg.jpg
Ragensburg.jpg (879.68 KiB) Viewed 341 times
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

As far as the loop between sea areas not working, it is not only for the Persian Gulf, but EVERY connection does not work. Atlantic and Mediteranean as well.
Units stay on place and never move out.

I want also tell that the vanilla version of the game works properly.
Attachments
Atlantic.jpg
Atlantic.jpg (371.87 KiB) Viewed 341 times
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

I had this problem too. My vanilla worked as well. Hubert fixed it in the last couple of updates. What version of the game did you start the mod with? I need to know before I bother Hubert again. If you didn't start it in 1.10 then try an experiment and do so for a few turns.

Thanks
Harry

WW III 1946 Books
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

I had this problem too. My vanilla worked as well. Hubert fixed it in the last couple of updates. What version of the game did you start the mod with? I need to know before I bother Hubert again. If you didn't start it in 1.10 then try an experiment and do so for a few turns.

Thanks
Harry

I did start with. 1.10
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Okay, I'll ask Hubert for assistance. Thank you for bringing this challenge with the mod up. I'll also see if he can look into the hidden units and impassible cities in Persia etc.
WW III 1946 Books
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Here is Hubert's suggestion...

"What will correct this is to open the campaign in the Editor and go to the Country Data screen. Just make sure that there is correct data listed there for each country that you are using in game. For me I clicked on Persia, the correct data is there, and then when I exit and go back to the map it shows that the controller ID for Persia has automatically switched to the UK which is now correct. So in most cases just clicking on each country in the Country Data dialog is enough to do the trick.

Then re-save the campaign and that should do it. We can then look to include a corrected version in any future Community Pack updates.

For the Loops, I suspect that this will correct them as well, and if not let me know."

Do you feel comfortable doing this or do you want me to try and have the file in DropBox?

Attachments
hiephddckbjnaeld.jpg
hiephddckbjnaeld.jpg (47.47 KiB) Viewed 337 times
WW III 1946 Books
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

The problem has been solved saving without updating scripts, but the loop has been not.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

I'll let Hubert know. Don't worry we'll get it fixed.
WW III 1946 Books
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

I hope as soon as possible because the scenario is very interesting and I want to replay it without that handicap for the Allies.
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Hi, Hairog, I've two more questions:
- about soviet partisans placed on the map at the start of the scenario in Italy and Greece; they cannot move. Is there any particular reason for this?
- atomic bomb symbols in Alexandria and in Sweden do not have any effect on the game; why they are there?
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Hey sad ham...

1. From my research the communist partisans in Italy and Greece were not very effective or disruptive. They were more or a nuisance to the Germans. The ones that are there represent cells in the mountains and hinterlands that occasionally disrupt convoys etc. but never take any territory. Hence they stay at home and don't move. They also act as the eyes and ears of the Red Army.

2. The atomic bomb symbols represent the bases that the US will send raids from after the four remaining Mark III bombs are released for use. The only way to simulate a nuclear attack in game is by the use of event scripts. When a Mark III unit reaches one of those hexes a script will be set off that will attack one of 5 Oil resource sites marked by the bulls-eye. One example is near Baku. The Soviets would not know this in a real situation at this time in the war.

There is a popup telling the NATO player of what he has to do later in Dec to set off the scripts.

The one you see in Sweden is a mistake. I can't find it in my copy. Which hex is it?

I am going to setup a Dropbox with a WWIII 1946 2.0 mod.

It will have corrected loops, the Persian problem solved, some new NKVD units led by the head of the NKVD Lavrentiy Beria.

These units will be better at dealing with the Freedom Forces. This task force will start the scenario near Moscow. Don't upgrade them and use them to fight the Freedom Forces.

I will be putting up the link soon. Download it and play test it if you wish.

WW III 1946 Books
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

New version available...

Dropbox 7 zip file Here

Changes include

1. fixed naval loops for both sides.
2. fixed Persia problem of hidden units and invincible cities.
3. Added NKVD units led by Levrentiy Beria. The units in this Task Force are better equipped to deal with the partisans and the Rebels of the Freedom Force.
4. Reconnaissance units are much more mobile.

Attachments
NKVD Units.jpg
NKVD Units.jpg (13.38 KiB) Viewed 336 times
WW III 1946 Books
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Done.
I've seen you have changed the air units icons. Furthermore you have fixed Persia, but you did not Ireland, Transjordan and Saudi Arabia that have same problem. I'll do by myself.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Sorry about that. I totally forgot about the other countries. Are the loops working for you?
WW III 1946 Books
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Other Countries having the same problem are: Albania, Ireland, Transjordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia. I did fix by myself.

Loop is working fine.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Oh my god... not Albania!?!?!?! :)

Thanks sad ham. Sorry about the inconvenience. I'll fix them for the next update.

Glad the loops are working.
WW III 1946 Books

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”