4.0.1.23 Public Beta Update

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Toby42

RE: 4.0.1.15 Public Beta Update

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: gerardo

ORIGINAL: Toby42

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

I always dumped them into the directory. Didn't do any harm.

OT: How did a Manx end up in Gatorland?

Klink, Oberst

I had to look this up. The Isle of Mann flag is very much like the Sicilian flag (triskelion ). So I'm not a Manx but an American of Sicilian ancestry! I moved to Gator land to get away from Winters in Ohio!

Hi Tony, baciamo le mani! [;)]

Io non sono mafia! [;)]
Tony
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

The beta has been updated to version 4.0.1.22, which should be (or very close) to what the official update will be (minus scenario fixes and language updates).

Grab it from the updated download link in the first post.
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

ORIGINAL: ralphtricky

If you mouse over the executable in Explorer, you will also see the version number, of you can go into properties and it lists is there.

thank-you - as for me the "about" screen must flash so quickly that the version number no longer appears
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

The version can be spotted when you hover the mouse over the .exe file ;)

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (21.08 KiB) Viewed 131 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I'm still on WIN7 and hovering over the name of the file doesn't work for me but asking for the properties of the
file does:

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (193.23 KiB) Viewed 131 times
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Hi

Thanks for the beta patch.

I am afraid that the black tooltip boxes issue reported already elsewhere still persists...
Former AJE team member
Ginetto

RE: 4.0.1.22 Public Beta Update

Post by Ginetto »

My PC runs on Windows 10. This last update just won't install. I downloaded it but it won't allow me to save it in the game folder. Then it won't allow me to unzip it. If I try to open it in the folder where it forces me to save it, it won't. Anyway, PLEASE make these patches user-friendly. Why is it that all of the sudden to update a game becomes an affair of state where you need a degree in computer science to figure it out?
Gino
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Ginetto

My PC runs on Windows 10. This last update just won't install. I downloaded it but it won't allow me to save it in the game folder. Then it won't allow me to unzip it. If I try to open it in the folder where it forces me to save it, it won't. Anyway, PLEASE make these patches user-friendly. Why is it that all of the sudden to update a game becomes an affair of state where you need a degree in computer science to figure it out?
You migh want to post a "problem ticket" in the Tech Support Thread
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

I tried again. In essence it says, when I try to run the 40122 application, that audiere.dll can't be found and I must try to reinstall the program. WHAT program? What is audiere.dll anyway?
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Gino
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Ginetto
I tried again. In essence it says, when I try to run the 40122 application, that audiere.dll can't be found and I must try to reinstall the program. WHAT program? What is audiere.dll anyway?
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Audiere.dll is an application extension that the TOAW program needs to run properly and the error message you're getting
I think, indicates that the executable you are trying to run is in the wrong folder. It needs to be in the same folder
as audiere.dll. And the error message suggests you reinstall so that everything will be copecedic. To fix the problem.
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Larry. Thanks. Audiere.dll is back in the game folder. I unzipped the upgrade in the game folder too, which is probably why audiere reappeared. But shouldn't there be a new icon to click on in the game folder to install the upgrade or a new executable or something?
Gino
aperfecturkel

Post by aperfecturkel »

The roughness is only for those willing to test the beta code. I'd safely bet money that the final patch will have an installer, as they mention scenario updates which will mean additional file drops in the User folder. But since these changes are to code that's entirely encapsulated in the .exe, this is... to be honest a pretty direct and easy way of having people test it out. As the beta zip file just contained new builds of the main program .EXEs, one could save the original .exe files and roll back to them if something went wrong during testing.

Anyway, point is, I think everything will be as expected when the patch actually releases.
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

I finally succeeded. Thanks for your help. With your info and having thought about it over dinner, after some clicking and dragging, I managed to get the patch installed. It still wouldn't extract in the game folder. And still insisted on getting confirmation that I am an administrator. I had to open it away and then drag it into the folder. Two hours. Jeez.
Gino
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

I guess you're right. I suppose I'm not cut out to be a beta tester. Every time I see an update in the Forum I jump right in. Can't help it.
Gino
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

You have to extract both files from the zip and put them on the game folder, replacing the existing executables. That's all.
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Got it. Thanks very much.
Gino
Splatsch

Post by Splatsch »

ORIGINAL: Franciscus

Hi

Thanks for the beta patch.

I am afraid that the black tooltip boxes issue reported already elsewhere still persists...
Yep, I still have the issues too, sorry to have to say that XD
But thanks for working on it ;)

By the way, I don't know if it may be related (to this or to some other things I reported), but I noticed that when I have the window of the game in the background and another on top of it, the window on top of it is letting a "black ghost" if I move it. And this black ghost trail stay until I put the window of the game in front again, like if this was refreshing was the game is showing.
I attached a screenshot to try to explain better :P Here I was looking the first slide of Tuto 41', so it was over the game's window, I moved the image window a bit down-right, and you can see the black trail it left. But as soon as I put the game in main window again, no problem. [If you want, I can report that in the tech support section ;)]
Hope this may help !
Attachments
Darkghostofwindow.jpg
Darkghostofwindow.jpg (385.11 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Saving map graphic only saves the labels.
Game updated to latest build in first post.

MESSAGE EDITED TO REMOVE ENORMOUS SCREENSHOT - Tamas
Attachments
Weserubung19405.2.jpg
Weserubung19405.2.jpg (2.94 MiB) Viewed 137 times
DanNeely

Post by DanNeely »

9332x13332 pixels!

Did you go out of your way to find the biggest map in the game to use as an attachment when reporting that image bug?
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man ... weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not [it] an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
--Zachris Topelius
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

MESSAGE EDITED TO REMOVE ENORMOUS SCREENSHOT

[&o][&o][&o]

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”