Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

damageoutput

Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Post by damageoutput »

1. Matrix Online
The Matrix Online (officially abbreviated as MxO) was a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) initially developed by Monolith Productions and later, a few months after launch, by Sony Online Entertainment. It was billed as an official continuation of the storyline of The Matrix films, as The Wachowskis, the franchise's creators, gave their blessing to the notion of gamers "inherit[ing] the storyline". The game began closed beta-testing in June 2004 which was then opened for people who pre-ordered the game in November 2004. Warner Bros. and Sega officially released MxO on March 22, 2005 in the United States. It was released in Europe on April 15, 2005. In June 2005 it was announced that Warner Bros. sold the rights to the game to Sony Online Entertainment, and the game's development and operation was transitioned to the latter on August 15, 2005. Sony Online Entertainment shut down operation of the game on July 31, 2009.

2. Star Wars Galaxies
Star Wars Galaxies was a Star Wars themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for Microsoft Windows, developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts

Released June 26, 2003, to much critical acclaim, it spawned three expansions through 2005. The game was completely overhauled in the last expansion, which frustrated many longtime subscribers. Star Wars Galaxies continued operation for six more years.

The servers shut down on December 15, 2011 Notwithstanding the game's closure, there are several private emulator projects in various stages of development that intend to allow users to experience Star Wars Galaxies in different incarnations of the game's existence.

3. EverQuest
EverQuest is a 3D fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed and published by Sony Online Entertainment, which released on March 16, 1999. It was the second commercially viable MMORPG to be released, after Ultima Online, and the first commercially successful MMORPG to employ a three-dimensional game engine.

EverQuest has had a wide influence on subsequent releases within the market, and holds an important position in the history of massively multiplayer online games. The game surpassed early subscription expectations and grew for many years after its release. It has received awards, including 1999 GameSpot Game of the Year and a 2007 Technology & Engineering Emmy Award.

4. Lineage 2
Lineage II is a massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for Microsoft Windows, the second game in the Lineage series. It is a prequel to Lineage, and is set 150 years before the earlier game. It has become very popular since its October 1, 2003 launch in South Korea, reporting 1,000,918 unique users during the month of March 2007. To date, the game has been played by more than 14 million users, mostly based in Asia.
On November 30, 2011 Lineage II adopted a free-to-play model in Lineage II: Goddess of Destruction, with all game content being free save for "purchasable in-game store items and packs".

5. Metin 2 Online
Metin2 is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) originally developed by Ymir Entertainment (now owned by Webzen Games) and originally released in Korea in 2004. It has since been published in many European countries and in the United States by Gameforge 4D GmbH, in Singapore by TEC Interactive. Other versions exist in Asian languages.

6. Rising Force ( RF ) Online

RF Online, originally named 'Rising Force'is a 3D MMORPG developed by CCR. The first version of the game was released in South Korea and was later followed by Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Indonesia, Portuguese and English translations. Like most MMORPGs it follows the typical fantasy setting complete with swords and sorcery, but it also emphasizes the three-way Race vs. Race vs. Race (RvRvR) concept and modern/futuristic technology such as mecha and nuclear weapons.
The NA/EU game service was brought down as of November 9, 2008, due to licence expiration. However, the developers, CCR have started to relaunch the game hosting it themselves for NA/EU. In August 2012, RF Online was confirmed to relaunch stateside via the publisher GamesCampus. RFO is a free-to-play game.

7. Atlantica Online

Atlantica Online is a free-to-play (F2P) 3D tactical massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by NDOORS Corporation. The game's primary setting is a fantasy-themed alternate history Earth composed of a diverse blend of historical, cultural, allegorical, and mythological elements. One of the my favorite server atlantica is atlantica online atolfan, if you search it this server gave you a lot of good starter package in early game. The game world is primarily modeled after real-world geography with accessible locations on six of the seven continents as well as the mythical floating continent of Atlantis from which the game's name is derived.
Zap

RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

Post by Zap »

?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

yes spam, again reported as such, off topic and doesn't make sense, well not to me it doesn't, thanks Zap
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
damageoutput

Post by damageoutput »

ORIGINAL: Zap

?

Did you play the game?
ORIGINAL: zakblood

yes spam, again reported as such, off topic and doesn't make sense, well not to me it doesn't, thanks Zap

aw :( i just post old mmorpg i have been play is that wrong? :(
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

anything, that's so off topic and old to not be relevant to the board / forum gets reported as such, if you stay and talk and post links to off site boards and junk you will be made to feel welcome, but on first impressions, and a second look, it's spam
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I'm with Zak; besides everyone knows Everquest was the best MMO evah. [:'(]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

these sort of foot in the door posts, always lead to a link where someone gets spammed to death or gets offers to buy something junk, maybe wrong, as its been left and has been reported, but don't think so either, the private online quote server bit did it for me, smells of buying or selling something fishy
Zap

Post by Zap »

Yes the online invitee raised red flags for me. On the first post the other info given above it seems was meant camouflage the real intentions.
damageoutput

Post by damageoutput »

ORIGINAL: Zap

Yes the online invitee raised red flags for me. On the first post the other info given above it seems was meant camouflage the real intentions.
these sort of foot in the door posts, always lead to a link where someone gets spammed to death or gets offers to buy something junk, maybe wrong, as its been left and has been reported, but don't think so either, the private online quote server bit did it for me, smells of buying or selling something fishy

well maybe i should not include the link ._. i just recomended one server i has been play :D

yeah i am sorry i just recomend one server i have been play :(
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

repeat, as none of these are war games and this is mainly a war game site, it's off top, not relevant and still spam, but as you keep coming back, then welcome to the board and forum, but please talk of game we know and share an interest in and no links thanks, then you can stay
rico21

Post by rico21 »

damageoutput

Post by damageoutput »

repeat, as none of these are war games and this is mainly a war game site, it's off top, not relevant and still spam, but as you keep coming back, then welcome to the board and forum, but please talk of game we know and share an interest in and no links thanks, then you can stay

Well thanks for info captain zakblood :D
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Star Wars Galaxies not mentioned, so atleast a post with major flaws [;)]
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

well keeps coming back and replying, so seems i was wrong maybe, not the first or last time either[:(]

and i'm no captain, highest army rank i ever got was staff Sargent[;)]
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

Everquest the first, first person MMPORG. [&o]

Still playing it too[8D]
Cheers
Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

bet you've got your winter woollies on Jevhaddah[:D]
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: terje439

Yeah, the original Star Wars Galaxies comes in 2nd. [:D]
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Everquest > SWG?? Did you take a fall and land on your head recently? [:'(]
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Everquest > SWG?? Did you take a fall and land on your head recently? [:'(]

No, did you? [:'(]

Ok to be fair I'll give them equal billing with Everquest 1st as E does come before S. [:D]
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

Will never forget Sebilis, even it's 11 years ago I quit EverQuest for good. From playing as a hardcore raider over becoming a grognard until working as developer was a predetermined path for me. No clue how my life turned without internet.

Proud ex-member of <Darkwind>

Return to “General Discussion”