AA Units

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
goodwoodrw

AA Units

Post by goodwoodrw »

AA units defending airfields should they be deployed in a the Tactical Reserve, local Reserve or dug in?
Formerly Goodwood

Oberst_Klink

RE: AA Units

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw

AA units defending airfields should they be deployed in a the Tactical Reserve, local Reserve or dug in?
Unless they are disorganised or reorganising, it doesn't matter really, e.g. they will engage attacking planes; but... dig'em in to give the Flak unit itself an entrenchment bonus.

I always recommend to check the toawlog.txt to see how effective the AA defence was/is.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

the toawlog.txt
Is that the report at the end of each turn? Yep foumd it
Formerly Goodwood

Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

the toawlog.txt
End of each turn, and if switched on, is called sitrep. The toawlog.txt will always be reset if you start a new game. So, for AAR and other purposes, make sure you rename it ;)

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Dr. Foo

Post by Dr. Foo »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

the toawlog.txt
End of each turn, and if switched on, is called sitrep. The toawlog.txt will always be reset if you start a new game. So, for AAR and other purposes, make sure you rename it ;)

Klink, Oberst

I find the PO likes to move them everywhere but where I want them. If I garrison them, will they still engage enemy planes?
*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Dr. Foo

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Klink, Oberst

I find the PO likes to move them everywhere but where I want them. If I garrison them, will they still engage enemy planes?
Yup. And you're lucky; because cantona2 suggested to me, to create a Tutorial '44 about air warfare... so, I am on to it; Tutorial '44 will be about, well... death from above, how to smash bridges, interdiction, AS, AA defence, airfield attacks and all the nasty stuff a grunt on the ground ain't like :O You did read the section about the toawlog.txt, aye?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”