When is Leningrad actually Isolated?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Pitaman

When is Leningrad actually Isolated?

Post by Pitaman »

I have kept Osinovets port at 100% damage for about 8 turns now. Yet, the Soviets in the Leningrad pocket are still at 100% supplied. I thought once the port is closed no supplies can arrive through that port. Am I missing something here? Would appreciate any advice anyone may have.

thedude357

RE: When is Leningrad actually Isolated?

Post by thedude357 »

post a screen shot, there are a few variables...do the Finns control the ports at Sortavala and/or Keksholm on Lake Ladoga?
Pitaman

Post by Pitaman »

The Finns control both of those ports. The Finns have a solid line along the Finish no attack line across the entire peninsula starting at square next to Svirtsa, whose port is 29% damaged, to square next to Vozenesenye. The Germans control both Novaya Ladoga and Kobona. They are not doing aerial refueling either. Does blizzard conditions allow supply over the ice even when the port, Osinovets, is 100% damaged?

mrchuck

Post by mrchuck »

You will need to occupy sviritsa. Nothing else will do. Having done that you can bag the lot and typically inflict about a million casualties.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: mrchuck

You will need to occupy sviritsa. Nothing else will do. Having done that you can bag the lot and typically inflict about a million casualties.

When did this particular software behavior start ? Are you very sure?
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
morvael

Post by morvael »

I think LG can be supplied via frozen Lake Ladoga, but if you occupy all those ports this will be disabled. As this is not port supply, it won't be blocked by damaging Osinovets. Trucks on ice.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: morvael

I think LG can be supplied via frozen Lake Ladoga, but if you occupy all those ports this will be disabled. As this is not port supply, it won't be blocked by damaging Osinovets. Trucks on ice.

Thank you Morvel! The truth will set (us) free! [&o]
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
morvael

Post by morvael »

For ice supply "ports" mean supply hubs on the edge of the lake from which trucks can set on their journey
Pitaman

Post by Pitaman »

Morvael,

Thanks for the response. Just so I am clear about this, Leningrad will be isolated once the ice thaws and I keep the port Osinovets closed? Is that correct.

Pitaman

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”