Rommel attacks - passive axis AI

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

wololoh

Rommel attacks - passive axis AI

Post by wololoh »

Hi,

I was thinking about getting into this game, after having it for a long time. As a warmup scenario I started "Rommel attacks 43" as the allies VS axis AI. The axis AI starts its first turn doing some attacks, but then from the first turn onward does no attacks at all, making it extremely easy to win as alies (in fact, the allies need to do literally nothing to win). I then started up another game at "challenging" AI setting, still the axis AI did nothing on the second turn.

I'm at the beta 1.01.72

Joel Billings

RE: Rommel attacks - passive axis AI

Post by Joel Billings »

It's fairly normal to have to give the AI more help than normal if it is the attacking side. In this case, it is the initial attacker, but once the initial attack is done, the general weakness of the German forces and the substantial Allied reinforcements makes it unwilling to attack. The AI is generally built for the campaigns, and it's hard to get it to think in terms of special small scenario situations. In this case, if you want a challenge from the AI, you'll need to give it even more help. 125 morale help on top of Challenging might make enough difference. I'd suggest trying Battle of Tunisia which is a more indicative of the entire situation in North Africa, and ultimately requires the Allies to attack to win. Good luck.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Tech Support”