Why is this ?

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Ason

Why is this ?

Post by Ason »

Yes he has 0 supply, but how come he can't retreat towards his homeland ?

Also is there som way in the editor that I can fix this ?

Anyway not sure why this happens but it feels like it should be fixed imo... It's so hard to help cut off units in time, especially with desertions and the cut off unit not being able to move..

Christolos

RE: Why is this ?

Post by Christolos »

Hi Mrslobodan,

I would venture to say it is because of enemy zones of control indicated by the hatched lines across the two hexes in question, and not enough actions points to enter these zones of control.

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Ason

Post by Ason »

Yeah...It just feels weird not being able to move just one hex, especially if you are already in zoc.

Does someone know if I can fix this myself in the editor? Either always being able to move atleast one hex even at 0 supply or just fixing zoc somehow?

In Time of Fury I believe you could always move one hex if you were cut off or surrounded and at 0 supply, would be great if the same could be done here.
(the garrison can't even move next to the soviet unit because of this:/)
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

I would love to get the option to force march where no movement is allowed because of low supply or ZOC. For a price, like losing 1 or 2, maybe even 3 or 4 (depending of the existing / remaining strength points).
General Idea: leave heavy equippment behind, or give the remaining supplies to SOME of the soldiers to enable those few to move, or a last effort break out attempt (forward comrades, we need to retreat).
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

In Time of Fury I believe you could always move one hex
Maybe ToF is the flawed game [;)]

In SC3 you can always move one hex, except when strong enemy zoc's are blocking. The solution is to not put your units in such a position or to reduce the blocking units until they have no strong zoc.
I don't think the editor could help, unless maybe you raise all units' movement allowances in order to avoid them being reduced to 1 due to low supply.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Don`t let them get cut off is the answer.

There were many complaints about not to be able to do encirclement battles. Now somebody who is encircled complains he couldn`t escape an encirclement?
[:D]

Both opponents share the same rules/mechanism.
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

Nevertheless, we all know that often encircled units at least tried to break out of the encirclement, and I guess we don't have to discuss about the fact that often at least some of the troops succeeded (while taking high losses, and abandoning / destroying all equipment which had to be left behind).
So in my case I don't complain about encirclement or the punishment for getting encircled. All I ask for is for the option to crawl beaten and bleeding toward home.

This is even more true if a unit marches into a 0 Supply hex (whithout any enemy units around). "Push on, leave the wounded and weak behind, we send a rescue team once we made it back to our lines".
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
Ason

Post by Ason »

Now somebody who is encircled complains he couldn`t escape an encirclement?
Well the point is they are not fully encircled and some are not at all (like the garrison on last pic) having the option to retreat home if there is a possibility should be possible even at low supply.

It's still my territory I feel like I should have more right to move in it than the enemy, but now (on last pic) it's like the enemy gets 2 invisible units on my territory :/

I understand zoc has alot of benefits which I like and I'm not really sure how complex it is, but yeah, basically imo if units are already next to a bunch of enemies and there is an escape route, it should be possible to move atleast one hex in that direction..
All I ask for is for the option to crawl beaten and bleeding toward home.
exactly..
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

I don't know about a 'towards home rule' but I wonder what the game would look like if ZOC was limited to inside your territory... intriguing.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

The ZoC penalties can be removed by editing them out in the Editor. Simply open the desired campaign, and then navigate to Campaign->Edit Movement Cost Data.

From there you can either remove all the Front Line and Support units to the No ZoC Units list, or simply reduce the Enemy ZoC Penalties to '0'.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”