Late to the show

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

ivanov

Late to the show

Post by ivanov »

I just want to acknowledge, that Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa, is a truly amazing and immersive achievement. It has the depth but it's not a dry, "accountant's game" like WitE or WitW. I've been waiting for something like this my whole life, so kudos to the devs. I just hope, that in the future, we'll see more of Decisive Campaigns series, like Kursk, Ukraine or Bagration. The North African Campaign could also be pretty amazing. I have my fingers crossed [;)]
Lest we forget.
DeriKuk

RE: Late to the show

Post by DeriKuk »

Better late than never. I've played the first two games in the series ... and I love them. My experience with 'Case Blue' (Trappenjagd scenario) was truly memorable, thanks to having a great opponent (Maciej P.). 'Barbarossa' is still lurking in the background, in search of some time.

I've tried my hand at 'Strategic Command WW2' ... several times; and every time I've come away disappointed. The fan boys keep telling me how much it has improved, but that is damning with faint praise and promise. (The combat and 'research' systems suck big-time.) The up-side is that it gives me a deep appreciation of how wonderful a system Vic R. has given us. His designs deserve far more support and sales. Get the word out ... if you want more.
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

I also decided to buy Case Blue while it's on sale. My only complain about Barbarossa, would be the lack of smaller scenarios, while there're few in Case Blue.

I don't think this game can be compared to SC. SC is light, bear & pretzel game ( which is absolutely fine ), while Decisive Campaigns is more advanced, but with a touch of falvour, which makes it unique.
Lest we forget.
budd

Post by budd »

I'd recommend Warsaw to Paris also, it's on sale for a $10. It's pretty well balanced and I think Vic ported back the AI to this first game.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”