Panzerkrieg installation

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

Chosin51

Panzerkrieg installation

Post by Chosin51 »

Downloaded the Panzerkrieg file and installed it but when I open the game and click on the appropriate icon it will only allow me to try the free portion of the game or purchase the game. Any suggestions?

Regards

Steve Nelson
zakblood

RE: Panzerkrieg installation

Post by zakblood »

nothing atm as another patch or fix is needed as per posts

tm.asp?m=4390459
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I am sorry for the issue and for the delay in fixing this, but this should now be fixed.
Provided you are looking for the 64-bit version and are not running a 32-bit version of Windows, please do the below:

1. Please go to the Documents folder for the game (Default: Documents\My Games\Order of Battle – WW2) and delete the folder called “Settings”.

2. Uninstall the both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the game and then go to the folder where the game was installed and ensure no files/folders remain

3. Download the file attached in this message "OoB_ClRegx64.zip".

4. Unzip the downloaded file and run the extracted file "OoB_ClRegx64.reg".

5. Allow the "program" to delete the Windows registry keys regarding the game.

6. Install 5.2.1 of the game from the link below and reinstall the game:
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/OrderOfB ... v5.2.1.zip

7. Reinstall all DLCs

8. Run the game and ensure that all DLCs are showing as unlocked and the game is working.

If you need to download your DLCs you can do it from the member’s area. Please see the forum post below which explains how to do this:
tm.asp?m=4290024
Attachments
OoB_ClRegx64.zip
(487 Bytes) Downloaded 34 times
Chosin51

Post by Chosin51 »

Thanks for your help but no joy I am afraid, did as suggested but some DLC's wouldn't load because I got the message that 'order of battle version 2.9.6' was required to load them. After much frustration I managed to load the latest DLC panzerkrieg, received a message that I didn't have the latest version of OOB managed to update after clicking on the check for latest update, started game, received message that informed me that a number of bugs had been fixed. Got to main menu,several messages that new content to the game was available, including the DLC's that I had managed to load but none of them seem to have registered including panzerkrieg. So back to square one. Any more suggestions?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

That tells that probably, you haven't properly uninstall the games before installing the game with the new installer.
How have you uninstalled the game? Through "Control Panel > Programs and Features"?
Also have you downloaded the DLCs or you are installing from a disc?
Chosin51

Post by Chosin51 »

Thanks for your prompt response, used control panel uninstall programs, there were still a few files left so I manually deleted them. I used the DLC applications that I had previously downloaded. Tried to uninstall and reinstall again today but same result.

Regards

Steve
Chosin51

Post by Chosin51 »

All sorted now thanks.

Regards

Steve
Chosin51

Post by Chosin51 »

All sorted now thanks.

Regards

Steve
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

glad to hear it, enjoy the game and sorry about the way it was put on you for the upgrade / patch etc
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
txrangers

Post by txrangers »

I have the same issue with the install after purchase of Panzerkreig. Panzerkreig doesn't show installed.

Return to “Tech Support”