Can't seem to make threads

Please post any issues you are having with the site or suggestions for improvements here.
WhatNow

Can't seem to make threads

Post by WhatNow »

I'm not sure why it's happening (or if this will even work), but when trying to make a thread about a scenario I'm making in the Toaw IV forum I get the message "You are not allowed to post links, emails or phone numbers for 7 days from the date of your tenth post.", except my thread contains none of them. I thought it may be my attachment (a zip file), but I get the same message without that.

Is the message just inaccurate and you can't make any thread, regardless of content, before the 10 posts/7 days thing, or is it just filtering out my post accidentally?
sPzAbt653

RE: Can't seem to make threads

Post by sPzAbt653 »

The attachment is a link. So hurry up and make ten posts ! I'll help you out - What Continent are you on ?
WhatNow

Post by WhatNow »

It didn't work event without the attachment. Looking back on another thread here I think it's just a generic limit (presumably only for some sub-forums) that's mis-labelled.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Ok then, roll on !
WhatNow

Post by WhatNow »

To answer your question and help fill my quota: I live in Australia
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Excellent ! I am in USA. It must be about 4 a.m. there ?
WhatNow

Post by WhatNow »

2:30 in the afternoon, actually, but close enough!
How's the weather on your end?
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

That is 8 hours before me, I got it all screwed up! I have an 'on-line acquaintance' in Perth ! It is clear and 35º here.

What does your TOAW Scenario cover ?
WhatNow

Post by WhatNow »

It's an alternate history conventional-then-guerrilla-war in Burma in 1938. I've really jumped in the deep end with it!
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

No front lines, AAHHHHHHHHH !! [I like front lines, I should like WWI but I don't, not enough tanks and planes. Got any cats ?
WhatNow

Post by WhatNow »

Well the idea is to have an initial invasion (with front lines, don't worry) which the defenders don't have much of a hope of winning, and then a guerrilla war phase begins after that. Something for everyone (but not enough for anyone?).

As for cats, nope. I prefer dogs. Not that it matters anyway, I can't have any pets at the place I'm renting!
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I like cats. Scenario's are tough, you can never tell what others will like, but as long as you like it that is all that matters. Another good alternate history might be the Jap invasion of Australia.
WhatNow

Post by WhatNow »

I've put together a whole bunch of quick scenarios for myself, actually. Nothing much worth sharing, but stuff I've enjoyed. I thought I'd try making something a bit more in-depth, I guess.

A Japanese invasion of Australia could be interesting now that they've improved the naval stuff in the new toaw. I suppose you'd have to consider what sort of goals the Japanese would need to achieve to win. I mean, they could probably take Darwin, but would anyone care that much if they did?
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

You are the expert here, I know very little of Pacific Theater. But my thought was there would be limited ground forces, but lots of healthy Fleet Units from both sides toiling off the coasts. I guess you had TOAW III ?
WhatNow

Post by WhatNow »

I don't really know much about the Pacific theatre to be honest. I know a bit about the Sino-Japanese war but a lot less about the war in the Pacific. I'd assume it'd be a naval-centric campaign though. Just about everyone in Australia lives in a few cities on the coast anyway.

I've played toaw 3 on and off for a couple of years. I started making my own scenarios a little while back.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I did similar, making some bad things that didn't work. Then with help here and a lot of time and research spent I have made a few nice ones. All in the ETO, Island Hoping has yet to get my interest.
I have four brothers and one sister, you ?
WhatNow

Post by WhatNow »

Just one brother. I'm not sure how I'd handle five siblings (or more importantly, how my parents could have handled them!)
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

And now for your final bonus question that will get you your tenth post !

Winds that flow downward due to gravity are known as A) Arobatic B) Katabatic C) AntiKinetic?
WhatNow

Post by WhatNow »

On the one hand, I'm worried about not knowing this. On the other hand, I get my tenth post either way.

I'll go with B.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

WINNER ! CONGRATULATIONS !! Have fun posting.

Return to “Site Feedback”