Error 9

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
similar

Error 9

Post by similar »

When I run the game, it loads fine, but when I click New Game and choose a scenario and play, then a Windows error pop up appears:

There are not enough free system resources to continue the game.
Your scenario will be saved if possible.
Error 9(failed with error 8:Not enough storage is available to process this command.
).

I'm running it on:

32 bit
4GB Ram
Windows 7
60GB disk space free

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, have closed other programs down, have patched and unpatched but without much luck. I realise it's extremely hard to tell what the problem may be, but I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks

Thanks Zakblood - dxdiag now attached.
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
zakblood

RE: Error 9

Post by zakblood »

sounds like low hard drive space warning but could be anything like memory or temp drive etc so with a report would know more, even too many apps and programs loaded at start up not leaving enough free for a app to run, as your using a 32bit version etc

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

Error 9 failed with error 8? Makes total sense... [:D]

In the mainframe world where I sometimes work, "storage" means memory, not disk space [8|]

If I was to guess, a memory issue, maybe related to size of the scenario (is it large?). 4GB should be enough memory, but in effect a 32-bit process can only allocate 2GB of that. Should be enough for TOAW4 though...

Just checked TOAW4 with the Directive21 map loaded, takes a little less than 1GB of memory.
OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
kvob

Post by kvob »

I get this error intermittantly. Caveat: I am still running Vista so that might be part of the problem. Anyway, if it appears, I find rebooting the PC is usually sufficient.
similar

Post by similar »

Realised may be more helpful as a separate post.

Thank you Zakblood, here's the dxdiag.
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Return to “Tech Support”