Campaign for South Vietnam update

Post new mods and scenarios here
Raindem

Campaign for South Vietnam update

Post by Raindem »

Version 5.1. This is a minor update.

- Scenario is converted to true month turns (from the old system of a modified weekly scale). You will notice that movement rates are higher. But hex conversion costs are higher also so the overall area of coverage should be about the same.

- Fixed icons and enhanced airmobility. Units such as Marines are now airmobile while displaying the proper icon. ARVN units have been granted airmobility. This is something I had wanted to do previously but ran out of appropriate icons to modify.

Attachments
Campaignf..Vietnam.zip
(499.23 KiB) Downloaded 735 times
Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.
aperfecturkel

RE: Campaign for South Vietnam update

Post by aperfecturkel »

A C4SV update? Hell yeah - thanks for the incredible work, Raindem!
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Thank you very much Curt dude. It looks like Bill and I are going to do a restart and use the
new version. Should be a better AAR than we've been doing.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Raindem

Post by Raindem »

Looks like I put an extra space in the scenario name and it's not synching up with the graphics overide folder. I've attached a corrected copy. Sorry for the inconvienence.

Curt

Attachments
Campaignf..Vietnam.zip
(498.82 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Looks like I'm starting over! [:D]
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Raindem
Looks like I put an extra space in the scenario name and it's not synching up with the graphics overide folder. I've attached a corrected copy. Sorry for the inconvienence.

Curt
Hey Curt:
I could be wrong but I thought the equipment file needed to have the same name as the scenario. It's equipment.eqp
right now.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
IvanJoukov

Post by IvanJoukov »

Will updates to the base game maps be in the official game updates (patch) ?
War in the East 2 / West. Warplan Pacific. Command Ops. DC:Barbarossa. Flashpoint Campaigns. TOAW4. CMANO.
Flight simmer.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I have reason to believe that will be the case. But I'm not in charge and things are subject to change of course.

Attachments
200w_d.gif
200w_d.gif (16.61 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Hey Curt:
Bill says that during my first turn, the NVA turn one, his B-52's flew an INT strike on Hanoi and killed an AA unit but
had heavy losses and I'm wondering if I could lobby for a change to the scenario to set the B-52's on rest instead of INT.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (110.42 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

LOL, Onkel Larry. Bill got you by the 'balls', literally ;) At least it proves... AAA is working after all, eh?
Try sending some Wild Weasel F4 and the A-6 Intruder, too :D

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Raindem

Post by Raindem »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
Hey Curt:
I could be wrong but I thought the equipment file needed to have the same name as the scenario. It's equipment.eqp
right now.

To my knowlege, Larry, it just has to be in the graphics overide folder with the standard filename. I don't recall what modified equipment is used by CSV. But that's the way I had it set up for Call to Arms, which has tons of modified equipment, and it seems to work.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Hey Curt:
right now.

To my knowlege, Larry, it just has to be in the graphics overide folder with the standard filename. I don't recall what modified equipment is used by CSV. But that's the way I had it set up for Call to Arms, which has tons of modified equipment, and it seems to work.
When I installed the 19th Century database ( from Rugged Defense ) in my American Civil War scenario part of the
instructions was to rename the "19th Century Database.eqp" to the name of your scenario whatever it is. And IT
seems to be working. I've smmoth-bore cannon, muskets, old-timy sailing boats with sails, etc. But hey, if your
setup is working then nothing succeeds like success. But on the other hand I'm going to rename my eqp file and
save it in the editor just in case.
Raindem

Post by Raindem »

There should not be any B-52s on Turn 1. They are not part of the TOE of any starting air unit. And the carrier groups don't activate until Turn 6. So if either of you can reproduce these results I would be fascinated to see the game file.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

There should not be any B-52s on Turn 1. They are not part of the TOE of any starting air unit. And the carrier groups don't activate until Turn 6. So if either of you can reproduce these results I would be fascinated to see the game file.
Hey Curt:
I started a computer v. computer CSV game just now and immediately after the strikes on the AA unit at Hanoi I stopped
the NVA first turn and looked at the post-battle dialog and there were two furballs in which the B-52 unit
evaporated in each of them. I'm attaching a save game file of that turn to this post. Lemme know how I can help.
Attachments
Campaignf..965751.zip
(365.11 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Raindem

Post by Raindem »

Thanks Larry. That helped a bunch and I figured out what is going on.

I made a special S.A.C. formation for the Allied PO. I wasn't satisfied with how Elmer was using his air assets and I wanted more control over at least the heavy bombers. It's the same total number of bombers that the human player has, but some of these will indeed enter on Turn 1. That would explain the interdiciton strikes.

As for the carrier groups, they were still correctly frozen in the file you sent. Bill, did you actually see the carriers move or launch strikes? If you were just looking at them from the NLF view I don't think the orange band would show up.

Curt
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

So um......Curt my friend, that special SAC formation.......is there a way to prevent it from striking Hanoi first thing it does?
I kind of like those AA units and would like to keep them.
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

My game dies at about Turn 4. No message or anything, just ends program (TOAW).
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Primarchx
My game dies at about Turn 4. No message or anything, just ends program (TOAW).
You mean it crashed to your desktop? You might want to report that as a bug and
attach a saved game and the crashlog.txt file if you can.
Raindem

Post by Raindem »

Does it do it when you hit the end turn button?
Raindem

Post by Raindem »

So um......Curt my friend, that special SAC formation.......is there a way to prevent it from striking Hanoi first thing it does?
I kind of like those AA units and would like to keep them.

Well, I could get rid of the PO SAC formation. Then Elmer will go back to attacking political sections with those B-52s.

What I'd really like is to find a way to force PO air units to conduct certain mission.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”