recreating Historical Day 1

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jbdenney

recreating Historical Day 1

Post by jbdenney »

Just for grins and giggles I have run the Day 1 turn (Historical/Surprise on) several times. One thing I have noticed is that it never comes close to recreating that BB damage that occurred in real life.

I usually get 1 BB Sunk. Once I got 2. I have never gotten close to the 4 that were sunk historically.

I do know that 2 of the sunk BBs were raised and returned to service. Could it be that the Game BBs that do get heavily damaged would have been counted as sunk and then raised historically.

Do most people here playing the Full game as the Allies against Japanese AI let the computer play out Dec. 7th or do you start the campaign came on Dev. 8th with the historical Dec 7th results?
Barb

RE: recreating Historical Day 1

Post by Barb »

Open the Allied side after the turn and check the battleships... Each one with total damage (sys+flot+eng) > 150 will take year or two in dockyards. Add some real rebuilding done (upgrades taking 180-270 days) the allies are in similar strength than IRL.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

You didn't run through a sufficient number of iterations.

I have had historical opening days with 6 BBs sunk, including at least two hits from midget subs.

Just about every interaction in the game has a high degree of variability.
Hans

Yaab

Post by Yaab »

I always go with Dec 7 start, praying to the AI Gods for a total wipe-out of the mighty USN at Pearl Harbor. The carnage is usually not enough to give my click-sore hand even a brief respite. The Allied Turn 2 Clickfest Apocalypse - the horror, the horror!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”