Islands of Destiny: RA 5.0 Japanese Side

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

John 3rd

RE: February 1945

Post by John 3rd »

Damn but I am getting crap-tons of Training units right now. Could have really used them six months ago. Any advice for using these units? I am filling them out, replacing the leaders, and training for Low Nav. Other ideas or thoughts?

Additionally, you can see the Allied lodgement in Korea.

Attachments
021545a.jpg
021545a.jpg (509.91 KiB) Viewed 60 times

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

...just passed 1600 confirmed Allied ships sunk...

damn...I mean DAMN!

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Damn but I am getting crap-tons of Training units right now. Could have really used them six months ago. Any advice for using these units? I am filling them out, replacing the leaders, and training for Low Nav. Other ideas or thoughts?

John, an obvious use would be training up of naval and army aviators for the much-anticipated kamikaze units. But you've been kind of cagey about answering questions about numbers of kamikazes (IJAAF and IJNAF) you have trained and available and your plans for employing these in meaningful numbers. So we're just not certain if you hadn't considered the idea vital to your late war efforts and are not really 'into it' or if you're saving some sort of massive raid as a surprise to your readers. It's kind of hard to provide ideas or thoughts without knowing where you stand at this point in the game.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Good points.

I have, perhaps, 1500 trained pilots presently with another 500 or so above 50 skill. Plenty for some spectacular work. Airframes are plentiful as well. Need to convert more units over to actual Kamikaze and then we go. My plan has always been to grow the numbers while waiting for the invasion of Japan.

Dan says we'll be done by April 1st. Not sure what he means there. He watches VP totals. Is that what he means? Don't know.

kjnoel

Post by kjnoel »

Awesome job getting to 1945 and still fighting.

If your opponent says he'll be done in 6 weeks time and you are talking about waiting for him to invade Japan before unleashing your kamikazes then there's a bit of a disconnect in expectations.

Given that the Allies have all the initiative it seems safe to say invading Japan isn't part of his victory conditions (VPs or otherwise) so your kamikazes risk being the same as KB.... being kept back for that thing that never happens.

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Dan says we'll be done by April 1st. Not sure what he means there. He watches VP totals. Is that what he means? Don't know.

What are your current VPs? What is the rate of change in the ratio of Allied: Japanese VPs? Will this ratio exceed 2:1 by April 1 at the current rate?
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Will check.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Here is the current VP screen:

Attachments
021645.jpg
021645.jpg (682.57 KiB) Viewed 60 times

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

25 days left in the game seems doable...especially if you aren't paying attention to the VP much, or even at all.

Allies should be racking up consecutive 1,000+ vp days. Of course I have no idea if they are or aren't.

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

25 days left in the game seems doable...

???

February 17-April 1= 41 or 42, depending on whether February, 1945 was a leap year. No, I cannot be arsed to go back to 1945 to make that determination.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

25 days left in the game seems doable...

???

February 17-April 1= 41 or 42, depending on whether February, 1945 was a leap year. No, I cannot be arsed to go back to 1945 to make that determination.

'44 was the leap year that occurred during the war.
Hans

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

My point is that there is c25K vp cushion, and I think it reasonable for Allies to garner over 1000 per day net.

So, victory could happen in 25 days...40 or more days means a much slower accumulation of VPs.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

February 17, 1945

The ground reinforcements I have coming in over the next ten days is fairly staggering. I have—literally—13 Inf Div arriving. They come in at 33-50% strength but that is a significant amount. Having never seriously gone this far into the game I find all these reinforcements coming in NOW rather perplexing. Six months ago they would have been HUGE. Now—just simply nice—but not that big of deal.

JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

I recon that represents the last gasp of the empire. Scraping the barrel on last time for the final fight. I presume the intention of this formations was home defense. Unlike the empire you industry and supply are in pretty good shape so you probably have the devices to fill them out, but I suspect the squads you have are of low quality and little experience. Well, you go to war with the arm you got
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

It ain't much but, even at the strength they come in, they will add 2,000 AV to the HOme Isles. Right now I have four different locations with 3,000+ AV and three more with 2,000+ AV. Tokyo has nearly 4,000 AV by itself.

Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

February 17, 1945

The ground reinforcements I have coming in over the next ten days is fairly staggering. I have—literally—13 Inf Div arriving. They come in at 33-50% strength but that is a significant amount. Having never seriously gone this far into the game I find all these reinforcements coming in NOW rather perplexing. Six months ago they would have been HUGE. Now—just simply nice—but not that big of deal.

If you can get them to Korea however . . .
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I've moved five full strength ID over there without issue. One more is on the way. CURRENTLY I control the air of Chinhae and Fusan. There isn't much hope but it is worth the attempt I think...

jwolf

Post by jwolf »

Are those new infantry divisions actually new, or just rebuilt units to replace destroyed divisions from China, Philippines, etc?
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Good Question: about 1/3 rebuilt and 2/3 new.

AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

SO their EXP is really low, and their morale is low? So dial that "AV" down to about an effective AV of 100 if that? What sort of devices/guns/aa/at do they have?

IDK, just asking questions.

Return to “After Action Reports”