CTD/Lockups Turn 1 of Tutorial

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
TheBug67

CTD/Lockups Turn 1 of Tutorial

Post by TheBug67 »

I've been attempting to play the Tutorial (UN vs N. Korea) as the UN side and every time I start the scenario and it is running through the Communist's first turn and I have sound effects/background sounds and music on the game either crashes to the desktop or just gets locked up in-game. If I turn all sounds off the Communist's first turn executes without an issue. I have attached the crash log. Also is there a way to run the game full-screen instead of windowed? When I try to scroll the map down with the mouse at the screen edge the downward movement isn't triggered before my task bar pops up keeping it from scrolling.
Attachments
crashLog.zip
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
ralphtricky

RE: CTD/Lockups Turn 1 of Tutorial

Post by ralphtricky »

I don't know if it's in the in game options, but I believe that in the Opart 4.ini file in Documents/My Games/The Oper... folder there is a flag called something like multicpu. Try setting it to N. It forces the sound to run on one CPU, there was a bug at one time, but I haven't heard of it reappearing for ages.

The beta patch improves scrolling.

There's a fullscreen mode, but it isn't completely fullscreen. I need to see what I can do to fix that.

Thanks for the crachlog.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
TheBug67

Post by TheBug67 »

I looked in the Opart 4.ini file and the multicpu flag was at N so I tried it at Y, game still locked up. Returned multicpu flag to N and downloaded and installed the beta patch. Game still locked up but scrolling was better. Turned off just the background sound(music & battle sounds)and the game still locks up but seemed to make it for further rounds on turn 1 (8 rounds instead of 5 or 6) Turned background sound back on and turned off just sound effects and the game made it through the whole communist first turn resolution. So it seems to be related to something in sound effects.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

DXDiag log please in order to have a look at your specs. In case you run with let's say <= 4GB RAM; the additional flag smallram=Y might help, too.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
TheBug67

Post by TheBug67 »

DxDiag attached. Thank you for the help.
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(7.62 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: The_Bug

DxDiag attached. Thank you for the help.
Your system seems to be more than fine; you got a quad-core CPU; try the switsch multicpu=Yin the Opart4.ini file.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
TheBug67

Post by TheBug67 »

Thanks for taking a look. I will put multicpu=Y but I had already tried that and it still crashes. Guess for now I'll just play with sound effects off till hopefully a solution comes about.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 out of date drivers Driver Date/Size: 12/11/2016

ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device date and Size: 4/11/2013 (again old and not signed so maybe not 100% win 10 compatible etc)

Drive: C:
Free Space: 6.7 GB (not enough free space for windows to use use a swap file and temp file use, so free up some space on C

no game related errors in the logs, as last part of the log is either missing, or there wasn't any

how to recover some space back, helps if it's a upgraded to version of win10 tbh

Code: Select all

https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-delete-the-windows-old-folder-from-windows-10/
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
TheBug67

Post by TheBug67 »

I can update the video driver, the ASUS Xonar driver is the latest one available. I am running windows 7 and my swap file is on my e: drive. I run many games much more resource intensive without any problems. But thanks for the help.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ok good luck, as there's been 3 versions of windows 10 released so far, each one leaves a 10 to 20gb footprint of old installer and left over files so you can go back to a older version of windows, so if you have had windows 10 since it came out, and also updated it from win 7 or 8, you could have quite a lot of left over junk just sitting there, that's what the link is for, it's M/S way of filling your HD up and my way, plus others or re getting back some space, the most so far i've recovered on here was 70gb, but there will be some more i'd guess over the years of the life of windows with more[:D]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”