Wargames we would pay to see!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Gilmer

RE: Wargames we would pay to see!

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: MagicMissile

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Avalon Hill's Bismarck. Just imagine what they could do with that boardgame on computer....

I didn´t play it but I liked "Flat Top" which I also believe would be a decent computer game on a easier level then WitP for example.

I bought it as a 12 year old and never got to play it. I think my mother threw it out when I left for college. She threw away a lot of my stuff.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

A really large WiTp-AE type style game for D-Day. Something that is as big as that and takes as long to learn to play.

And a FUN Hundred Years War. I used to campaign for Ageod to build a HYW game, but I don't think their engine could do it. I don't know if any engine could do it. But that is what I want. It may be a pipe dream, but there you go.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike »

The 'Starship Troopers' boardgame was quite popular 40 years ago (yes I'm THAT old and was just a callow youth back then), so maybe it could be re-done for modern computers?

PS- Here's a pic from the pre-home computer stone age, me (on right) and Gaz Newton with some of the boardgames we used to play in the 1970's/80's-

"Fight with your brain first and your weapons second!"
Zap

Post by Zap »

Ha, ha, great picture from your youth PoorOldspike thanks for sharing. Was the pistol used to mediate rule disagreements[:D]
Zecke

Post by Zecke »

will be great to have many many board-games of HPs SIMULATIONS

http://www.hpssims.com/

especially the Panzer Campaigns
Epsilon Eridani

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

I would pay a good sum for war games that had really good supply rules. Make it important to defend supply routes such as sea convoys, Transit areas, Transit points, truck and rail routes. Be able to have real interdiction missions, TOAW comes close with interdiction of supplies, want more control not just theatre percentages. If units run out of supply they stop shooting or moving like in Panzer Corps. Don't like abstracted rules like out of supply, so units fight at half strength etc etc. I can vaguely recall in my reserve days in the early seventies being told for every soldier at the pointy end seven more are required to keep them there. I want to wage war on these guys, but not with abstract rules lets really shoot at them[:)]
Formerly Goodwood

Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Great Naval Battles
War in the Pacific

Anything that related to WWII in the Pacific.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw

I would pay a good sum for war games that had really good supply rules. Make it important to defend supply routes such as sea convoys, Transit areas, Transit points, truck and rail routes. Be able to have real interdiction missions, TOAW comes close with interdiction of supplies, want more control not just theatre percentages. If units run out of supply they stop shooting or moving like in Panzer Corps. Don't like abstracted rules like out of supply, so units fight at half strength etc etc. I can vaguely recall in my reserve days in the early seventies being told for every soldier at the pointy end seven more are required to keep them there. I want to wage war on these guys, but not with abstract rules lets really shoot at them[:)]
warspite1

Sounds like War in the Mediterranean June 1940 - May 1943 to me [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

warspite1

Not heard of that title, is it computer or board game?
Formerly Goodwood

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Not heard of that title, is it computer or board game?
warspite1

Sadly neither. This is a war game that, by almost any measure, by any definition, by any standard, should be made. Sadly the one measure it fails on is that its not the Pacific, The Bulge, The East Front. Therefore it fails on economics and you can't get around that.

So a theatre of war that is one of the most interesting of WWII, a war that could have gone either way, a war that would appeal to land and naval war players alike, will never get made. Such a shame.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
wodin

Post by wodin »

Streets of Stalingrad.

Two Hour Wargames NUTS and Expansions.

Wings of Glory

UpFront

Someone to get hold of Squad Battles source code and turn it into the best turn based tac game around.

Car Wars (not a wargame but still has combat)
PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike »

There's certainly a gap in the market (as far as I know) for a Prehistoric Wargame where tribes struggle to survive in combat against rival tribes and dinosaurs.
Victory points could be scored on a scale of how dangerous a beast is, for example a T Rex kill would rack up big points-

"Ugh...me no like you...ugh"

"Fight with your brain first and your weapons second!"
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: PoorOldSpike

There's certainly a gap in the market (as far as I know) for a Prehistoric Wargame where tribes struggle to survive in combat against rival tribes and dinosaurs.
Victory points could be scored on a scale of how dangerous a beast is, for example a T Rex kill would rack up big points-

I'd like a Civ type game of that from the earliest time, but it would be much much more detailed than Civ and even having said that would be simple still like Civ 1. A tech tree that was 10 times as big as Civ 1's. But without all the added crap they added in later versions.
Zecke

Post by Zecke »

ORIGINAL: KurtC

I'd like a Civ type game of that from the earliest time, but it would be much much more detailed than Civ and even having said that would be simple still like Civ 1. A tech tree that was 10 times as big as Civ 1's. But without all the added crap they added in later versions.

CIV-1; is one of the greatest game EVER made; the three-tech dont mind too me wonder¡ but the WONDERS they could be more (thouse make you missile in XIX)
Epsilon Eridani

RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

A modernised version of Flight Commander 2, with a 1950-2020 roster.
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
Zecke

Post by Zecke »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Great Naval Battles
War in the Pacific

Anything that related to WWII in the Pacific.

GREAT NAVAL BATTLES (your right)..especially Guadalcanal on Floppys i have them like a treasure.
Epsilon Eridani

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Zecke

CIV-1; is one of the greatest game EVER made; the three-tech dont mind too me wonder¡ but the WONDERS they could be more (thouse make you missile in XIX)
About 10 years ago Sid Meier tried to develop a Dinosaur game for his son; but abandoned it because it wasn't fun.
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Strategy game overlay American Civil War game on top of Norbsoft's Civil War series. Where you move and play diplomacy on top and have real time battles with built units from the top in tactical battles around the map. Kinda like Total War but with Norb's combat engine and the American Civil War.
I second this idea pus a CW naval component [:)]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

About 10 years ago Sid Meier tried to develop a Dinosaur game for his son; but abandoned it because it wasn't fun.

"CRUSH,CRUMBLE and CHOMP" would be so awesome!!!(Had it on the Commodore 64 IIRC?)

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: m10bob

ORIGINAL: Zorch

"CRUSH,CRUMBLE and CHOMP" would be so awesome!!!(Had it on the Commodore 64 IIRC?)
+1 I had the boardgame.

Return to “General Discussion”