1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Paullus

RE: 1.0.81 update: what have I done wrong?

Post by Paullus »

We are investigating the problem. If anybody who has the problem makes the game work please post your solution here. I encourage every one who has the problem to follow Zakbloods guide and suggestions first.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Chicharito19

Post by Chicharito19 »

Paulus,

I have tried Zackblood's suggestions inclusive up setting up exceptions within AVG. I have also upgraded my video drivers. Sadly it only the previous update worked on my desktop. No go on the latest update even after a few reinstalls, cleaning registry, reinstall....nothing.

Yet on my laptop I simply installed it without any changes or reinstalls. It works in that for some reason.

I may just give up and move on....dunno.

Michael
GaiusMarius

Post by GaiusMarius »

Hi,

same problem here. Tried to reinstall completely the game and install the patch freezing Norton but to no avail.

Running windows 10 home edition, version 1703, graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6480G (drivers updated).

cheers

telengard

Post by telengard »

I've tried everything suggested to far and it does not launch either through the menu or directly out of Program Files. Is anything logged that we can send that might help debug this? The app does run for a little bit and then seems to just crash.

I'm running an up to date Windows 7 32 bit. Program ran perfectly before installing the update.
Bipman

Post by Bipman »

Same for me. Tried everything but just keeps going back to menu.

Bipman
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Since the Autoupdate is not for working for now, just download the update from Daniele's post here - it works: tm.asp?m=4384293
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

And if you can't get the Update to work in any way here is a link to VPaulus post with lnks to older Updates so you can go back to older version.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4387054
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
reynt

Post by reynt »

Path 1.0.5.6 OK
Path 1.0.8.1 Fail/Error

What has been introduced in 1.0.8.1 that is not in 1.0.5.6?
¿Qué se ha introducido en 1.0.8.1 que no hay en 1.0.5.6?

Sorry for my bad English
Más juegos en español¡¡¡
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Could you please try running from the main exe and see if the issue persists?

Open the game installation folder, find a file named "Tigers on the Hunt.exe" and run it.
saminurmela

Post by saminurmela »

Sorry to say but I have to report the same problem too. I just bought the game yesterday and installed today. The game works when installed from v1006 setup, but after running update 1.0.81 (downloaded from danieles link on this forum) it does not start. Neither the game exe or editor exe starts. I'm on Win7 64-bit, and I did run the directx and visual c installers too as adviced.

This is what I get in windows application log:

<could not paste as the forum software thinks I'm posting phone numbers...>

Faulting application name: Tigers on the Hunt Edit.exe, version: 1.0.0.1
Faulting module name: Tigers on the Hunt Edit.exe, version: 1.0.0.1
Exception code: 0xc..01d
Fault offset: 0x..723e
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Tigers On The Hunt\Tigers on the Hunt Edit.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Tigers On The Hunt\Tigers on the Hunt Edit.exe

(extra zeroes and timestamps omitted to fool the forum sw)

Best regards,
Sami

EDIT: more interesting is this second error. Maybe the game needs to be installed to default path on c:\program files ... I never use that for my games because it brings often permission problems (also my system ssd is not too big).
EDIT2: nope, did install on default location, same results. 1006 works, 1081 does not :(

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Tigers on the Hunt because of this error.

Program: Tigers on the Hunt
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00D2A6DE
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I think that's the issue.
Have you all, who are experiencing this issue, the game installed in a different drive and folder than the default one?
Bipman

Post by Bipman »

Different drive but the same folder name.
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

I have no issues and have the game installed in c:\games, not the default directory...

Regards
Former AJE team member
saminurmela

Post by saminurmela »

I did a new install in default directory, and it did not help. Running older version for now.
Chicharito19

Post by Chicharito19 »

I've installed and reinstalled 4 times. I've installed Direct X and such...followed Zackblood's directions. I've also installed to default directory 2x and c:\ 2x. Nope it just ain't workin for me on my desktop.

Michael
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Chicharito19

I've installed and reinstalled 4 times. I've installed Direct X and such...followed Zackblood's directions. I've also installed to default directory 2x and c:\ 2x. Nope it just ain't workin for me on my desktop.

Michael

Did you download the patch using the FTP link from Daniele's post or did you use matrix game update from the game main application?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'm able to reproduce the issue in my Windows 8.1 working system.
It's not related with UAC or permissions. I've tried installing with firewall and anti-virus fully disable, in the default installation folder and in a D disk.
Regardless I update the game via the update feature or manually, the game (and the editor) always crash.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

I'm able to reproduce the issue in my Windows 8.1 working system.
It's not related with UAC or permissions. I've tried installing with firewall and anti-virus fully disable, in the default installation folder and in a D disk.
Regardless I update the game via the update feature or manually, the game (and the editor) always crash.

Hi VPaulus,

In terms of updates I have done so far on the game, they are all the same...no changes in process for me. Is this perhaps related to the way install shield is configured when the patch is created for the users to download?

I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit, I have installed the release version of the game on my test computer on "D:\Tigers on the Hunt". I have then downloaded the UPDATE4 in zipped form from Daniele's post and simply installed the patch following the screens. Everything is working great. I have also installed the game and the UPDATE4 on my wife's computer (Win 10 Pro 64bit) the same way and it works well.

NOTE: I do NOT do us update feature application supplied with every matrix game, I install all game patches for all my matrix games manually.
Chicharito19

Post by Chicharito19 »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Michael

Did you download the patch using the FTP link from Daniele's post or did you use matrix game update from the game main application?

I am sure that I did both from Danielle's post and the members area.

Michael
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Michael

I am sure that I did both from Danielle's post and the members area.

Michael

Hi Michael,

When you installed the patch, everything went well ? (Meaning, any warning or specific error messages) Where did you install the game ? What OS do you run and what's the version.

Return to “Tech Support”