Globe is missing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

GDSPathe

Globe is missing

Post by GDSPathe »

Hi, I recently got command and after installing the game I ran into an issue with the globe. It isn't there with a blank white background in its place. The game appears to work fine otherwise. I have tried reinstalling yet the map is still missing. Does anyone have any idea why this happened or how I can fix it

Attachments
Screenshot_1_.jpg
Screenshot_1_.jpg (148.88 KiB) Viewed 165 times
mikmykWS

RE: Globe is missing

Post by mikmykWS »

Please make sure all prerequisites are installed. That's typically what the problem is.

Info on that here: tm.asp?m=3913550

Mike
GDSPathe

Post by GDSPathe »

I found the prerequisites folder and the only that is in there something called "PreferExternalManifest" is something missing here?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah seems like it. I'd definitely try reinstalling. At the end a bunch of things get unpacked/zipped so make sure the process is completed before closing anything.

What version of the game do you have? Steam or did you buy on matrix? Did you install a patch after installing the game? If you did install a patch please make sure if you originally installed Command to a directory different than the default you always point the installer to install there.

Mike
GDSPathe

Post by GDSPathe »

Steam version I'll try reinstalling and see how it works out
GDSPathe

Post by GDSPathe »

Yeahs the map still isn't appearing even after I reinstalled the game any suggestions?
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

I am responding to you because you are requesting "any suggestions." I don't have any official knowledge of anything.

When you first install the game, it attempts to install (update) three outside files. You have to uncheck the box to stop the install of those. I have never had to install any of them after the initial time when I first purchased the game, and I don't even recall what the files are. Perhaps, one of those files is some kind of graphics file, and that is preventing the globe visual.

I don't know if it has anything to do with your problem, it's just a "suggestion."

Doug

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Sure try verifying the files in Steam. To verify the data right click on the game in the steam library and select Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Do you have anything in your GIS folder?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\GIS

Thanks!

Mike

GDSPathe

Post by GDSPathe »

That may be it after verifying the files many were missing but, after downloading the missing files the map still refused to load

In my GIS Folder, there is

MappingHacks
Raster
SeaIce
Terrain
Elevations

Is anything missing

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

No folders/files look correct. Check to be sure you have a WW folder with stuff in it as well

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\WW

It is abit alarming that you have missing files. You may want to try uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it completely. Steam's verify is awesome but can't be perfect. Sometimes a complete reinstall will do the trick. Please let it run to completion prior to disconnecting from the net or shutting down steam.
GDSPathe

Post by GDSPathe »

I'll think I'll just refund the game the game and buy the version on matrix and see if that does the trick

Return to “Tech Support”