OT: "Death Road to Canada"

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Yaab

OT: "Death Road to Canada"

Post by Yaab »

No, this is not about the Japanese aggression on the American continent. Just a vehicle to decompress from the stresses of WiTP:AE.

http://www.deathroadtocanada.com/
Yaab

RE: OT: "Death Road to Canada"

Post by Yaab »

Just finished it on Normal difficulty level. Great game, loads of fun, tons of replayability. The final battles are truly epic. You should try it sometime.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Are the jerks carrier capable and do you have to train them?

pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

This must be about taking the main Alberta highway north in 30 below weather with 40 mph cross wind and watching some dude in a 2 wheel drive pickup with California plate go by at 70mph!! My guess is he had better chance of seeing zombie than getting to Alaska.
Macclan5

Post by Macclan5 »

Speaking as a Canadian named for a Famous Primeminister there are 2 "real life related games" - potentially related to the concept.

<inside joke for fellow Canucks though others will get the jist>

[8D]

1) You are stranded or randomly placed in Rural Alberta and/or Saskatchewan. Your rental car has a Bumper Sticker stating :

"I am from Ontario, I vote Liberal, and I am here to "green - environmentalize" all your jobs."

Objective: Drive to Vancouver, survive, and fly back to Toronto.

2) You are stranded in downtown Toronto or Vancouver. Your "Zoom" shared car service ride has a Bumper Sticker stating:

"I am from Alberta, I vote Conservative, and I am engineering a pipeline for Tar Sands oil to your harbor front"

Objective: During rush hour drive (no Train, Subway or Skytrain) to the airport, survive and fly back to Calgary.
A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Macclan5

Speaking as a Canadian named for a Famous Primeminister there are 2 "real life related games" - potentially related to the concept.

[8D]

1) You are stranded or randomly placed in Rural Alberta and/or Saskatchewan. Your rental car has a Bumper Sticker stating :

"I am from Ontario, I vote Liberal, and I am here to "green - environmentalize" all your jobs."

2) You are stranded in downtown Toronto or Vancouver. Your "Zoom" shared car service ride has a Bumper Sticker stating:

"I am from Alberta, I vote Conservative, and I am engineering a pipeline for Tar Sands oil to your harbor front"

Objective: During rush hour drive (no Train, Subway or Skytrain) to the airport, survive and fly back to Calgary.

[:D] Excellent!
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

This must be about taking the main Alberta highway north in 30 below weather with 40 mph cross wind and watching some dude in a 2 wheel drive pickup with California plate go by at 70mph!! My guess is he had better chance of seeing zombie than getting to Alaska.

Eh, so we improve the gene pool.[;)]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: Macclan5

[8D]

Judging from what I've heard a lot about Canadians, in both cases you only risk getting just a tad fewer "Sorry"-s directed your way.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Hey, both sides of that equation tolerate US numbskulls just fine. If they can take that they can take anything.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Here's my experience of US tourists. In the first case my family are the tourists. It's Quebec on a Sunday morning. It's a Catholic church and we're not Catholic, but we never not go to church on a Sunday a.m. We're dressed like tourists, wearing shorts and the like. The young men we walk by to get into the cathedral are all smoking and giving us a queer look like WTF!? They're all wearing black suits with ties. The service is mostly in Latin and everything else is in French. I don't speak either.
The second case is I'm at (near) the Battle of the Little Big Horn site. I'm at a restaurant/touristy knick-knack selling Indian owned joint on Indian owned land getting a little breakfast. I'd just stood atop the ridge Custer came off on the way to his death and watched an Indian cowboy on a quarterhorse herding some cattle. Up close. He wasn't 50 foot away. So I'm getting something to eat and at another table there's a couple of young Indian girls. At another table are two older couples of US wearing the same crap I was wearing walking into that cathedral in Quebec. The alpha male in this group accosts the young ladies asking them loudly if "the Federal government lets them do (yada yada yada)" at this monument site. This moron blowhard doesn't realize he's on Indian land in an Indian owned establishment populated (in part) by Indians! The young girls (I'm thinking 15-16) shook their heads.

Macclan5

Post by Macclan5 »

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

Judging from what I've heard a lot about Canadians, in both cases you only risk getting just a tad fewer "Sorry"-s directed your way.

LOL - a few sorry's, and directions to the nearest Tim Horton's coffee shop.
A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Here's my experience of US tourists. In the first case my family are the tourists. It's Quebec on a Sunday morning. It's a Catholic church and we're not Catholic, but we never not go to church on a Sunday a.m. We're dressed like tourists, wearing shorts and the like. The young men we walk by to get into the cathedral are all smoking and giving us a queer look like WTF!? They're all wearing black suits with ties. The service is mostly in Latin and everything else is in French. I don't speak either.
The second case is I'm at (near) the Battle of the Little Big Horn site. I'm at a restaurant/touristy knick-knack selling Indian owned joint on Indian owned land getting a little breakfast. I'd just stood atop the ridge Custer came off on the way to his death and watched an Indian cowboy on a quarterhorse herding some cattle. Up close. He wasn't 50 foot away. So I'm getting something to eat and at another table there's a couple of young Indian girls. At another table are two older couples of US wearing the same crap I was wearing walking into that cathedral in Quebec. The alpha male in this group accosts the young ladies asking them loudly if "the Federal government lets them do (yada yada yada)" at this monument site. This moron blowhard doesn't realize he's on Indian land in an Indian owned establishment populated (in part) by Indians! The young girls (I'm thinking 15-16) shook their heads.
Sounds like the loudmouth might be a link back to Custer .... who wasn't too clever about being on "Indian" land either.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

In the game, you drive for sixteen days from Florida to Canada. Canada is glorious - she is totally cordoned off with log barricades; her mounted police patrol on foot and fight with the indestructible hockey sticks, and their mooses are the SAS of the animal world. And THE HANDSHAKE! The HANDSHAKE makes all your travails worthwhile.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”