low importance

Panther Games' Highway to the Reich revolutionizes wargaming with its pausable, continuous time game play and advanced artificial intelligence. Command like a real General, under real time pressures to achieve real objectives on a real map all within the fog of war. Issue orders to your powerful AI controlled subordinates or take total control of every unit. Fight the world's most advanced AI opponent or match wits against your friends online or over a LAN. Highway to the Reich covers all four battles from Operation Market Garden, including Arnhem, Nijmegen, Eindhoven and the 30th Corps breakout from Neerpelt.

Moderator: Arjuna

CriticalMass

low importance

Post by CriticalMass »

to reduce the itchyness of my feet, could someone give us an update of the projected release date...maybe some more screen shots...oh, and I still check back EVERY few days [Official Highway to the Reich™ website ]

Just trying to generarte something to read (I have to work otherwise;))

Critical
I decided to ignore my orders and to take command at the front with my own hands as soon as possible
- Lieutenant General Erwin Rommel
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Critical,

Glad to see you're on the ball. We've been working flat out here. We released build 57 to our beta team last night, which included more new graphics, the new 30th Corps Breakout scenario and new Neerpelt map along with some significant AI improvements.

It's touch and go at the moment as to whether we will have it all wrapped in time for a July release. Our policy is not to release an unstable game and we want to be sure there are no significant or for that matter, minor glitches. Anyway we are nearly there. Keep posted and I'll endeavour to provide regular updates.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
CriticalMass

Post by CriticalMass »

Thanks Dave...I think we would all agree "better better than sooner [sic]"

To Matrix re: official AA:HTTR game site,

better late than never ;)

TANX
Critical
I decided to ignore my orders and to take command at the front with my own hands as soon as possible
Guz

Post by Guz »

Well crap! If You guys had signed up with Strategy First WE'd Have this game already!!! Maybe it wouldn't be playable, But still ;) Seriously though, I can imagine playing this game on the Eastern Front...that would be a blast. I'm really looking forward to the release!
The Guz
JeF

Post by JeF »

Arjuna,
Originally posted by Arjuna
We released build 57 to our beta team last night, which included more new graphics, the new 30th Corps Breakout scenario and new Neerpelt map along with some significant AI improvements.

Nice to see the game comes closer to home. ;)

I'm not 100% familiar with the whole MG operation.
Is it from Neerpelt that the XXXth corps began it's drive to Arnhem ?

On another note, I began (modestly) to collect some info on the Belgian Bde Piron. If time permit, I'd like to make a scenario with them. To my astonishement, I read that, on September 17th, they were attached to the VIIIth corps and supported the breakthrough.
I know the Princess Irene Bde (the equivalent Dutch Bde) is included in the game. But what about the Belgian ??

JeF.
Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone
CriticalMass

Post by CriticalMass »

Huzzah!!!

thanks Matrix
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

JeF,

Neerpelt is a small village just south-east of Joe's Bridge from where 30th Corps launched their breakout.

The Belgium Bde as you point out was attached to the 8th Corps. They were off to the right and we don't include 8th Corps, nor 12th Corps, in HTTR. Essentially we focus on the area along Hell's Highway which was under 30th Corps' operational control. True parts of the map between Neerpelt and Eindhoven ended up coming under 12th Corps very late in the operation. The force list in this game is already HUGE.

What base colours would the Belgium unit counters be?

No promises, but if I get a chance, I'll see if I can add another Nationality and Service to cater for them. If not, you may have to duplicate the Dutch Bde in the ScenMaker, change the names etc to make a Belgium Bde. It's very easy to duplicate forces now in the SM.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
JeF

Post by JeF »

Arjuna,

Thanks for the answer.
Originally posted by Arjuna
The Belgium Bde as you point out was attached to the 8th Corps. They were off to the right and we don't include 8th Corps, nor 12th Corps, in HTTR. Essentially we focus on the area along Hell's Highway which was under 30th Corps' operational control. True parts of the map between Neerpelt and Eindhoven ended up coming under 12th Corps very late in the operation. The force list in this game is already HUGE.
I know. And thanks to have expanded the establishement up to company level for all forces. That's a welcome addi(c)tion. ;)
What base colours would the Belgium unit counters be?
That's a difficult one. Is it so important ?
I was going to say the same as the Dutch, until I saw in the new screenshots that the Dutch were orange (which is logical BTW). :D
The only idea I have in mind is yellow. It is a common colour to all communities flags here : national, flemmish, walloon, brussells.
But the same color as the Brits would also be fine.
No promises, but if I get a chance, I'll see if I can add another Nationality and Service to cater for them. If not, you may have to duplicate the Dutch Bde in the ScenMaker, change the names etc to make a Belgium Bde. It's very easy to duplicate forces now in the SM.

Fair enough. That's what I was planning to do anyway. I was asking just in case.
I believe it's time to begin to gather some more information and to find a suitable area for a new map. So that I can be ready to fiddle with the editors when the game is out.

Cheers,

JeF.
Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone

Return to “Highway to the Reich”