Game not reponding message on PC

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
robertjgowans

Game not reponding message on PC

Post by robertjgowans »

Hi, Can anyone help - when running the game every so often the message NOT RESPONDING pops up and stops the game for a few minutes. How can I fix this? Any suggestions would be warmly welcome.
sPzAbt653

RE: Game not reponding message on PC

Post by sPzAbt653 »

There are times where this does happen because it is working. Typically this will not happen as a long as 'a few minutes', so there may be an issue. If you can provide more details as to what type of machine and what it is that you are doing when this happens, we can tell you if it is expected or not.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

a report may or may not help, but it does rule a few things out and also points some other questions to other area which may, thanks

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
robertjgowans

Post by robertjgowans »

Hello and thanks for prompt reply. Hope attached is what you require
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(28.63 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

speed issue will be expected on the spec tbh

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

on board video Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Display Memory: 1695 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1631 MB

drivers old

video Driver Date/Size: 2/11/2011

sound Date and Size: 5/26/2010

my advice is to close down all unneeded apps at start up, so you have more resources free and alter the game settings to the lowest, as you pc spec is very low, more memory in the pc and a video card would help, but if you clear out all the unneeded apps from your startup, and have only ones you need, it may work a bit better for you.

plus update the drivers for video and sound

your total system has 4gb of memory, but is sharing almost 2gb with the video chip, which makes the whole windows system slower, and tbh won't speed up the game any more either, if you know how to go into the bios of the pc at start up and if there's a setting to alter the video on startup, i'd suggest you lower it and leave more system ram for the pc and just have lets say 256 or 500mb for the video onboard chip.

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

What are you doing when the not responding happens? You also might try turning the sound off just in case that helps.

Can you also see if it produces a 'crashlog' file in Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV

Ralph
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
robertjgowans

Post by robertjgowans »

Hello to those of you who replied to my plea for help with the NOT RESPONDING message I was getting.
I have done as suggested and game is run better but not 100per cent. As I don't know how to change BIOS I have left them alone in case I make matters worse.
Thanks again for your help, RJG

Return to “Tech Support”