Counter Values Editor

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
jzardos

Counter Values Editor

Post by jzardos »

How do I get to this screen to adjust in game? Or is this only for the editor portion of TOAW?

thanks

Attachments
counter_editor.gif
counter_editor.gif (56.33 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Meyer1

RE: Counter Values Editor

Post by Meyer1 »

Play-Player options, in the second screen (click the arrow)
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

ORIGINAL: Meyer1

Play-Player options, in the second screen (click the arrow)
Play-Player options

Before starting a game? For Play vs AI?

Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

I think you can change the player options anytime you want.
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

OK, got it. Is there a hot key for this toggling? Can't find it in KeyboardCommands.txt
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

It's 'M'.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Yes, the M key (thx Klink) also you can left-right click the correspondent button in the button panel to go back and forth through the different icon values.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

Mine does not appear to work, IE the values do not correspond. I am basing this on the TOAW IV inter-phase. I followed along with the guide using the Soviet 41 scenario. I set the advanced counter values to the full amount but in the game when I cycle through the values they change on the unit counters, but the corresponding unit button does not cycle through in the sense that it will always state "defense" or "movement" values so that I do not know what values I am actually looking at. I guess I can go into the unit info but that take the counter value feature as negligible.

Should I post this in support as a bug?
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

ORIGINAL: ballyhoo

Mine does not appear to work, IE the values do not correspond. I am basing this on the TOAW IV inter-phase. I followed along with the guide using the Soviet 41 scenario. I set the advanced counter values to the full amount but in the game when I cycle through the values they change on the unit counters, but the corresponding unit button does not cycle through in the sense that it will always state "defense" or "movement" values so that I do not know what values I am actually looking at. I guess I can go into the unit info but that take the counter value feature as negligible.

Should I post this in support as a bug?
Not sure I understand you. When you said "corresponding unit button" you mean the button on the "button panel"?
is working fine in my case, keep in mind that using the left click would cycle as using the M key, but using the right click would cycle in reverse.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

Yes but for me the numbers in the unit button are only showing the attack defense values and movement values they are not showing anything else.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

You mean the unit panel? This only is going to change the numbers that you see on the counters, that's all it does.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

OK, i think I got it now. When putting the cursor over that button on the button panel, the info pop-up only show two possible messages as if this new feature doesn't exist. Well, dunno if bug or "feature" but is like that on my game too.
I set the counters to show attack-defense/stack attack-defense/armor attack-defense/stack armor attack-defense/movement left/BTS. Easy to remember, but would be nice if the pop-up would remind us what values we are seeing.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

right, and in the advanced settings I had all six values set before start of game, to include for example engineering and rail repair, time stamp, movement allowance, and a few others. So what I am saying is simple: as I click through on the unit button on the right, 4th down, 4th right, the unit counters change as they should, but the text description on the unit button 4th down, 4th right does not change to correspond to what the counters are. For example it starts off showing "unit numbers currently showing attack and defense." I click one more time and all the unit counters go to 0. I presume this is the time stamp bc its the beginning of a turn. But the unit description button text remains "unit numbers currently showing attack and defense." So the counters are changing but how should I know what they are reflecting?

"This is an outrage!"
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

okay so how should I know what the values are then?
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

I've logged this as a bug, thanks.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: jzardos
How do I get to this screen to adjust in game? Or is this only for the editor portion of TOAW?
thanks
It's very cleverly hidden by the developers. You have to follow the yellow brick road:

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (783.84 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”