Replacement system

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Jomi

Replacement system

Post by Jomi »

Hello friends:

First, congratulations to the TOAW IV team. A great work! After years gaming the TOAW series I have a question: What are the basis for replacement system. Of course the explanation inside the manuals is excellent and easy to learn, but I´d like to know wich is the teorical and historical basis for the replacement system.

Thank you very much. Regards.
Olorin

RE: Replacement system

Post by Olorin »

The scenario designer decides the replacement rates, based on historical data.

Or he could just troll the players by assigning 100 F16s per day to Germany in 1941. Lots of possibilities here.
Lobster

RE: Replacement system

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Jomi

Hello friends:

First, congratulations to the TOAW IV team. A great work! After years gaming the TOAW series I have a question: What are the basis for replacement system. Of course the explanation inside the manuals is excellent and easy to learn, but I´d like to know wich is the teorical and historical basis for the replacement system.

Thank you very much. Regards.

If you have the time here is an excellent explanation of how the replacement system works. It's old but still relevant.

http://www.gr-8.biz/toaw/rr/replacement ... ution.html
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”