OT Things to ponder

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

MakeeLearn

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by MakeeLearn »

Attachments
FunnySigns11.jpg
FunnySigns11.jpg (38.27 KiB) Viewed 56 times

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Let me check my records ...

Yes, here is one. There were a bunch of birds, I can recall lots of doves and sparrows and finches. Then a flock of starlings arrived. I'm quite sure there were 99 birds total, or at least that number anyway.

"PS: They were delicious!"
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Here's a sheet from last season. The "T" figure by House Finch is the total number I saw but I was unable to say how many males and how many females. I did note how many of each I was able to identify at the same time. I don't even try on the Juncos though if in sunlight and if I get a good look through the binocs I can tell. When I enter the counts online and I enter a count for any species of finch it asks me if I checked for an eye disease that's been going around and I report any cases. I've never actually seen one with the disease. I sometimes take pictures as my camera has more zoom in it than my binocs. I mention gender counts in a comments section. There's also a way to cite instances of conflict, either predation attempts or displacement from a feeder spot, IDing each species involved, whether the attempt was successful, and any description I might want to add. I usually don't do that except in exceptional cases as there are just hundreds of such on a given day, and they want each distinct event recorded uniquely. But they only ask you to do that if you feel like it.

Attachments
tallylastseason.jpg
tallylastseason.jpg (469.24 KiB) Viewed 56 times

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Here's a sheet from last season. The "T" figure by House Finch is the total number I saw but I was unable to say how many males and how many females. I did note how many of each I was able to identify at the same time. I don't even try on the Juncos though if in sunlight and if I get a good look through the binocs I can tell. When I enter the counts online and I enter a count for any species of finch it asks me if I checked for an eye disease that's been going around and I report any cases. I've never actually seen one with the disease. I sometimes take pictures as my camera has more zoom in it than my binocs. I mention gender counts in a comments section. There's also a way to cite instances of conflict, either predation attempts or displacement from a feeder spot, IDing each species involved, whether the attempt was successful, and any description I might want to add. I usually don't do that except in exceptional cases as there are just hundreds of such on a given day, and they want each distinct event recorded uniquely. But they only ask you to do that if you feel like it.

So they have symbols for male, female, and "T". What is "T"?
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

They also have me describe the count site, telling about all the vegetation within a hundred meters, what type area (mine is urban mixed), how much human activity (not including vehicles) outside is normal within 100 feet of the site, same for dogs and cats, and fresh water resources within a half mile, plus any birdbaths present, how many and of what type feeders I have and what types of feed I supply, and if any of my neighbors within 100 meters have any feeders out normally.

MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Countable?

Attachments
bc.jpg
bc.jpg (240.74 KiB) Viewed 60 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I put all the names and symbols on the sheet. The "T" means total (both sexes) if I need it. There are no transsexual birds allowed in my yard.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Did you make that yourself MakeeLearn? That's hilarious. [:D][&o]

MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Did you make that yourself MakeeLearn? That's hilarious. [:D][&o]

Found it.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Corrected version.

Attachments
mllaugh.jpg
mllaugh.jpg (133.02 KiB) Viewed 56 times

MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Joined together in holy matrimony..... Does this count as 1 bird

Attachments
84730734.jpg
84730734.jpg (33.44 KiB) Viewed 56 times

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I put all the names and symbols on the sheet. The "T" means total (both sexes) if I need it. There are no transsexual birds allowed in my yard.
But for House Finch you have 3 male, 2 female, and 13 total! [X(]
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I counted them first then started checking them with the binoculars for the gender and that's how many I could sex within my view through them. The lighting must have been dim (overcast) or I could have told them all apart with my unaided vision.

Also, even on a good day I really need to use the binoculars or a camera to check for that eye disease.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

Joined together in holy matrimony..... Does this count as 1 bird

No, they were just shaking on a deal they made. When you come outside they're going to try and land a bird turd on your head and the first one who does it gets first crack at a suet cake.

MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Attachments
potoo1.jpg
potoo1.jpg (82.78 KiB) Viewed 56 times

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

"You Screaming to me? You Screaming to me? You Screaming to me? Then who the hell else are you Screaming... you Screaming to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the cluck do you think you're Screaming to? Oh yeah? OK."

Who the Cluck!
Do birds watch Hitchcock?
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Corrected version.

You forgot to ask "Is it a parrot?" if it's dead.

Attachments
parrot.jpg
parrot.jpg (14.98 KiB) Viewed 56 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Countable?

[:D] [:D]

Thank you for sharing. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Corrected version.
You forgot to ask "Is it a parrot?" if it's dead.

[:D]

Indeed.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Attachments
jiffypop.jpg
jiffypop.jpg (150.18 KiB) Viewed 56 times

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”