Editor: change selected unit in force editor

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
jzardos

Editor: change selected unit in force editor

Post by jzardos »

I can get to the Force Editor (Edit-Forces), but I can't see to find a way to select from a unit on the map first or when in the editor. I can go next and previous once their, but there has to be a way to select a specific unit when in that screen?

thanks
*Lava*

RE: Editor: change selected unit in force editor

Post by *Lava* »

Been a long time, but I don't think you can select a unit on the map.

You are going to have to look for the name of the unit in-game and then scroll through the units in the force editor to find it.

The best, I believe, is to note the name of the unit and it's force name, as all units are grouped under the force it belongs to. So, you look at the unit in game and note the name of the unit and the force name. For example, 1st Panzer Div (name of unit), 1st Panzer Corps (name of formation). Now go into the editor and look for the force it belongs to (1st Panzer Corps). Once you find it, the 1st Panzer Div should be right there.

Formations are the heart of the force editor. They can be difficult to manipulate and easy to screw up. For example, it is easy to copy a unit and rename it. But then that unit is not part of the force!

Hope that was of some help. The best, of course, is to read the manual if you plan on making any real changes.
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

Thanks that helps a bit. But when I select the Edit-Forces menu it defaults a unit I don't want to edit and I don't see a list to select names?
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

It's not even on the right faction too.
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

Here's the screen. Also, there's a odd bug that leave behind these black pop-up boxes which do eventually clear. Very annoying. I can only use the buttons in the left menu box to scroll from unit to unit. Which is not feasible for picking the unit in the axis faction.

Attachments
force_edit.gif
force_edit.gif (211.98 KiB) Viewed 121 times
*Lava*

Post by *Lava* »

That is the default... the first unit.

To get to the actual force editor (where all the formations and units are listed) you click on the single flag button; which is the fourth button from the right side of the box, going right to left.

Here is a nice tutorial for changing names and color of icons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiRaL0s9sgg

BTW... the double flag changes the force. So when you see all the units and formations, if it is the wrong side, click on that button.
gbaby

Post by gbaby »

Hmmm... Those black boxes sure look like a tool tip thing going crazy.

I turn tool tips off, setting the tool tip show at max value. So I never see black boxes like what you have. But there size says after images of tool tips to me.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

jzardos - watch the Info Bar/Panel at the bottom of the screen, it shows important information when you mouse over stuff [like buttons].

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”