Documentation button w/o Microsoft Word

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
dstone11

Documentation button w/o Microsoft Word

Post by dstone11 »

If a scenario has documentation in a "*.doc" file and I click on the documentation button
-- the file opens correctly in Microsoft Word on my laptop (which has Word bound to ".doc" files)
-- nothing happens on my desktop (which has Open Office bound to ".doc" files and Word is not installed)
-- and if I start TOAW 3 on my desktop and click the link there, the file correctly opens in Open Office

zakblood

RE: Documentation button w/o Microsoft Word

Post by zakblood »

seems it's an association error as any .doc reader should be able to open and read it, will test it now, as have word on one pc and open office on another then a laptop with neither so can check that for sure and re post results

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-fi ... ns-windows

can you check or double check what files are associated on both of the devices and confirm which is the default reader
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
dstone11

Post by dstone11 »

On the desktop (i.e., the machine where the documentation button "does nothing") ...
.doc is bound to Open Office Writer

On the laptop (i.e., the machine with Word)
.doc is bound to Microsoft Word

Again, TOAW 3 on the desktop does "work", i.e., opens the ".doc" files with Open Office Writer. Hard to imagine the code would have changed here. But nevertheless, on the same machine, TOAW 3 works and TOAW 4 doesn't. Weird.

Update. TOAW 4 *does* open ".pdf" documentation files correctly. Even weirder.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ok will post a note to the developer and support staff to re look at it, sorry for the issue
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”