Submitted Scenarios

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

rico21

Red Dawn Seattle

Post by rico21 »

Red Dawn Seattle.
04/05/1946. Seattle, West Coast of the United States.
Captain Ivan Pavlov aka "Great Ivan" looks at the freighter that moored at the wharf. In a few minutes the landing will take
place. It is part of the gigantic plan of the Stavka to conquer the West Coast of the United States.
No matter the details of the plan, he knows that tonight he will be made Hero of the Soviet Union ... or dead!
Meanwhile Captain StoneHail, who is responsible for the port security, learns the news of the Soviet landing, after eight
years in the army, he knows what to do. He calls the head of the prison military police and tells him "I'm going to borrow you
a dozen of bastards!".

Russian :--> <--: American

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS 6 Hexes
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer:X'Men [Cough Rico]
Attachments
RedDawnSeattle.zip
(26.83 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
UP844

RE: Red Dawn Seattle

Post by UP844 »

Red Storm Rising in the '40s? Rico, you are an evil genius :D
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
rico21

Red Dawn The Sacrifice

Post by rico21 »

Red Dawn The Sacrifice
04/05/1946, Crossroad on the east road to Francfort, Germany.
The major is awaiting the dissolution of the wehrmacht planned for the summer of 1946. Meanwhile he is confined with his
soldiers in a barracks that depends on the Allies, in case... The news of the Soviet invasion did not surprise him, he had
already fought the Russian roller-coaster in the East, before retreating to the west to be captured by the Americans. He has
always been a soldier and wondered what he would do after the mandatory end of his engagement, fate chose for him, this time he
will not flee, fight tooth and nail and sell his life dearly ...

German :--> <--: Russian

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS 9 Hexes
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer:X'Men [Cough Rico]
Attachments
RedDawnT..acrifice.zip
(27.17 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
LN59

Guns at Batasi

Post by LN59 »

GUNS AT BATASI [TotH v1.1.09 Updated - July 30, 2018]

Time: second half of the 50's, the last days of the British Empire.
Location: a British colonial outpost (2nd Battalion African Rifles) somewhere on the East African Highlands.
Freely inspired by the film of John GUILLERMIN (UK, 1964, 20th Century Fox).

Some veteran British NCOs headed by Regimental Sergeant Major LAUDERDALE, an order-barking, gallant but Empire's
nostalgic (Richard ATTENBOROUGH, excellent as usual) are caught between two political factions in a newly created
African state whose government has just been overthrown. Two companies of mutineers under Lieutenant BONIFACE
(Errol JOHN) have taken over the barracks, seizing individual weapons and two Bofors AA guns.
The British NCOs are cut off from their own authorities in what serves as Battalion HQ: their "cosy" masculine Mess!
That handful of duty-hardened British soldiers will have to defend themselves and Captain ABRAHAM, a wounded African
loyalist officer, plus two civilians: Miss BARKER-WISE, a female British MP on inspection tour (Flora ROBSON) and
Karen ERIKSON, a charming UN secretary (Mia FARROW) who was protected the eve before from an angry mob by Private
WILKES (John LEYTON) who wants to be back ASAP to Blighty.
Sargeant and Private together - with some others guys just for scenario duty - will involve themselves in the destruction
of the guns threatening the HQ. Meanwhile, other NCOs have to do their best in trying to "distract" the rebels.
While in the movie blood finally doesn't flow, there, on your screens, guns will surely have to roar!

Only designed for a Human Player as British.
BRITISH: LMG, MMG, DC
RUSSIAN (Rebels): LMG, Ordnance

Difficulty Level: NORMAL (recommanded)
Map: Three Sectors (partially playable)
Barracks & parade ground: Wooden Buildings (some are Fortified), Trench, Clear, Brush & Orchad
Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns (only British side will play on last turn)
Visibility: 14 hexes

Victory objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner.
Both sides get VPs for controlling Victory Objectives and killing Leaders, Crews or Half Squads.

Please, pay some attention to the OoB and to the VPs' calculation: this scenario is mainly based on individual fighters
such as armed Leaders (BR), tiny Units (Half Squads and Crews, no Squads). Weapons: please, assume the 25LL AA Gun
(RU) as Bofors, the LMG (BR) as FN FAL 7.62mm, the MMG (BR) as BREN and all DC as Grenades.
The British Crew without SW is not designed as "Stealthy". It represents the civilians and a wounded African Officer
you have to protect at all cost. Do never risk to lose it, for 6 Kill VPs would be awarded to the Rebels!

Scenario Designer: LN59
Attachments
LN59_Guns_at_Batasi.zip
(270.07 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
LN59

RE: Guns at Batasi

Post by LN59 »

Like a flavour of the "good old days"...

Comme une saveur du "Bon vieux temps"...

[;)]

Attachments
Batasi.jpg
Batasi.jpg (243.75 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
rico21

Bulge1

Post by rico21 »

Bulge1

Ardennes 16 December 1944.
The Germans gamble on a final desperate counter attack.
Their surprise offensive smashes a weak sector of the American lines.
Disorganised and confused, isolated US forces attempt to stem the tide.

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns - LOS 8 Hexes
Scenario designer: Battle Academy'Men [ Scenario Bulge1 ]
Attachments
Bulge1.zip
(22.37 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Rosseau

RE: Bulge1

Post by Rosseau »

I am thinking the new update will bring some interesting possibilities for scenario design - not that you guys are tapped out it seems!
I wonder if all the current scenarios will be backwards compatible with the patch?
Peter Fisla

RE: Bulge1

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

I am thinking the new update will bring some interesting possibilities for scenario design - not that you guys are tapped out it seems!
I wonder if all the current scenarios will be backwards compatible with the patch?

Yes, the all the scenarios created so far by the great community are playable with the new patch. However, OBA will now be more accurate and it could possibly tip the balance of a scenario - something scenario designer should keep in mind.
rico21

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by rico21 »

For the player, an OBA more precise can stop him in his progress. He will have to wait for the end of the artillery dam on his road. That can be an advantage or not, whatever the scenario.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Compatibility with older scenarios is a pretty big thing, and with all the significant changes I did not expect that to be possible. Also means favorite scenarios can and should be replayed under the new system, as Rico suggests.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

Compatibility with older scenarios is a pretty big thing, and with all the significant changes I did not expect that to be possible. Also means favorite scenarios can and should be replayed under the new system, as Rico suggests.

It was a bit of work to make sure old scenarios load up in the latest engine, that was important for me. I don't want to upset scenario designers...especially Rico21 :D

Since the game was released (February 25th, 2016) I'm very impressed and proud how many community made custom scenario we have. I wanted to make sure I don't break anything.
rico21

Storm Of Steel

Post by rico21 »

Storm Of Steel
Near Maloarkhangelsk, USSR 1943-07-05.
The opening of Operation Citadel came as no surprise since both sides had been building up their forces for weeks. The first
task facing the German assault was to break through the heavily defended Soviet lines. The Soviet positions, containing six
defensive belts, were strong and deep. In front of each belt of strongpoints were vast minefields averaging 5,000 mines per
mile of front. The strongholds themselves contained anti-tank guns and ditches, pillboxes, and entrenchments. At the road
junction of Maloarkhangelsk, the experienced Württemburg Regiments of the 216th Division were hurled against the Soviet wall
with the objective of cracking these formidable defenses. To aid their breakthrough attempt, the Württemburgers were reinforced
with assault guns and the new Ferdinand tanks, as well as with flamethrowing engineers. In the morning hours of the 5th, the
Ferdinands began to rumble forward in a storm of steel.

German :--> Russian
* OBA replace Mines and Goliaths.
* Rico Armored Feature only for Russian PLAYER Side.

Scenario Length: 10.5 Game Turns - LOS 10 HEXES
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ ASL SCENARIO AP2 ]
Attachments
StormOfSteel.zip
(28.4 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
rico21

Trapped

Post by rico21 »

Trapped
LA PINETIÈRE, 4 Km east of RONCEY, FRANCE, 29 July 1944: Operation Cobra, started 5 days earlier, was very successful. The remnants of two Infantry Divisions (the 91st and the 243rd), paratrooper elements of Corps Meindl, and particularly the major part of 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich and of the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division Gotz von Berlichingen where trapped in the so called Roncey pocket. Their only hope was to break the American lines toward the south and the southwest in order to join the German front line. Several attempts failed in the night from the 28th to the 29th. On the morning of the 29th at 0900, a particularly strong attack started in La Pinetiere, a hamlet around a crossroads. Several hundred paratroopers and SS, supported by 15 Panzers, pushed back a company of the 4th Infantry Division, placed there in protection, 1 km in front of the 78th Armored Artillery Battalion of the 2nd Armored Division. Unable to retreat anymore, the GIs, now supported by 2 M7 batteries, 4 M10 and 2 M16, blocked the German progression.

German :--> American

Scenario Length: 7.5 Game Turns - LOS 10 Hexes
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Scenario ASL TAC 48 ]
Attachments
Trapped.zip
(25.94 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
rico21

Huertgen Forest

Post by rico21 »

Huertgen Forest
The Battle of Hürtgen Forest (German: Schlacht im Hürtgenwald) was a series of fierce battles fought from 19 September to 16 December 1944 between American and German forces on the Western Front during World War II in the Hürtgen Forest about 50 sq mi(130 km2) east of the Belgian-German border.
It was the longest battle on German ground during World War II, and is the longest single battle the U.S. Army has ever fought.
The U.S. commanders' initial goal was to pin down German forces in the area to keep them from reinforcing the front lines farther north in the Battle of Aachen, where the US forces were fighting against the Siegfried Line network of fortified industrial towns and villages speckled with pillboxes, tank traps and minefields.

American -->[ German

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS 10 Hexes
Scenario designer: X'Men [ Cough Rico ]
Attachments
HuertgenForest.zip
(25.95 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Big Ivan

A Fateful Day

Post by Big Ivan »

Getting ready for Update 4 here is another creation for the TotH Family, Enjoy my friends!![;)]

JP010: A Fateful Day, Geleen, Holland. September 14, 1944.

History: Passing south of Sittard, Holland elements of the US 30th Infantry Division pushed
SE in an effort to close the ring around Maastricht denying the Germans an escape route
back to Germany. Approaching Schinnen, the US troops from 119th Infantry Regiment,
3rd Battalion were met with coordinated German small arms fire supported by an accurate
ten minute artillery barrage which pinned down the lead elements of the Battalion. Units of
the 1st Battalion supported by elements of LtCol. W.D. Duncan's 743rd Tank Battalion quickly
sprang into action to relieve the pinned down troops and press the attack home to the
Germans. As Duncan's tanks moved forward, 155mm howitzers from the 113th Field Artillery
Battalion began to zero in on the German positions. Then suddenly German armor appeared
and immediately set three Sherman's afire signaling to the GI's this was going to be no easy fight!
About an hour into the engagement M-10's from the 823rd Tank Destroyer Battalion arrived
along with elements of the 105th Combat Engineer Battalion. They were tasked with eliminating
the German armor and clearing strongpoints so that the men of the 119th Regiment could move
forward. With two strongpoints cleared it looked as though the Germans were about to break
until German Panther tanks appeared and quickly destroyed three Sherman's and two M-10.
As dusk fell it was evident the GI's of the 30th Division were not moving forward any further that day.

Play Mode: Best played as Americans against Computer Germans, normal or hard difficulty.

Units Human Players (AI player units may vary)
German: Squads, Half Squads, Crews, LMG, MMG, HMG, PF, Lt-Mtr, Ordnance, AFV, OBA
American: Squads, Half Squads, MMG, LMG, HMG, ATR, Lt-Mtr, Demo Charge, AFV, OBA

Map: Up direction is northeast, four maps (2x2). Visibility 12 hexes.

Special Rule: The Germans have three fortified building locations.

Terrain: Rural and Town.

Scenario Length: 12 Game Turns.

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Both sides get VPs for
owning VP Objectives and destroying enemy units at the end of the scenario.

Scenario Designer: John M. Pirman [Matrix Callsign: Big Ivan]

Attachments
JP010AFatefulDay.zip
(31.72 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Rosseau

RE: A Fateful Day

Post by Rosseau »

Thanks guys. I am anxiously waiting for Matrix to process the patch.

Yes, my father's eldest brother Bob died in Huertgen. Then another brother Dan, who was 17, lost it when he found out. Volunteered for a suicide mission flying a spotting plane with no flying experience. He made it back and won the Silver Star. But the things he did and saw over there hardened his heart. Had an estranged son and a daughter, and wife is still here at 93. Maybe she was the tough one!
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Sincere Condolences, Mike.
Reality is always worse than fiction.
My scenario Huertgen Forest is one of the three best scenarios that I realized.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thanks Rico. I started on Huertgen but am waiting for the patch delivered to Matrix on 10/30. For all I know, you are beta testing it!
slaphappypappy

Post by slaphappypappy »

Just finished playing Big Ivan's "A Fateful Day" after installing the new update.
Great scenario and the update was a great improvement on game speed for my machine which is an I5 3.8.
Can't remember if I played it on Normal or Hard, but got a hotly contested Major American Victory.
Thanks everybody!
genesismwt

Post by genesismwt »

Per Rico's request, here are updated zips of the TOTH scenarios. It should be current and contains a few tweaks, some labeled, some not. The folder is now too large for one upload. I have put Rico's collection in a seperate zip file and will post it next

Enjoy!
Attachments
25NOV17 TO..CENARIOS.zip
(3.33 MiB) Downloaded 1176 times
The game is afoot!

Mike

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”