Black Sabbath

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Black Sabbath

Post by demyansk »

Watching a documentary on Black Sabbath's last concert from February, 2017. It's real good and on Showtime. It's there last concert ever!!!! 1968 wow, those songs scared the hell out of parents.
Red2112

RE: Black Sabbath

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: demyansk

Watching a documentary on Black Sabbath's last concert from February, 2017. It's real good and on Showtime. It's there last concert ever!!!! 1968 wow, those songs scared the hell out of parents.

I remember my dad teaching me how to drive, and I had a cassette (Paranoid) on while I was going in circles around the front yard. The song playing was "War Pigs", he actualy asked me about the song and the lyrics! That must have been around 1979 (Never Say Die). That got tattooed on my arm later on [:D] Been a Sabbath head ever since!
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

You have to check out the special. Sabbath didn't like that album. Yeah, I got into Sabbath after Hendrix
JReb

Post by JReb »

One time in Idaho Falls many years ago me and three friends were renting this house and we were hanging out one night blasting some Sabbath at near deafening levels. I'm sure our neighbors weren't too thrilled!

We were doing some heavy partying when we heard a knock on the door. My friend answered it and there was this drunk and/or stoned guy standing there. He said 'I was walking by and heard Sabbath coming from your house and knew you guys were cool. Can I party with you?'

We all said yes and pulled an all nighter getting hammered with this stranger and then he left the next morning and we never saw him again.

Long Live Rock! [&o]
My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!
budd

Post by budd »

I never looked back after first hearing Sweet Leaf.....Masters of Reality was the sh*t, favorite band ever since. I even liked some of the Tony Martin stuff....well some anyway. Life goes on, last time i saw them was eons ago on the reunion tour.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

Never saw them live, well at least the originals. Did see some in the "Born Again" tour, but I didn´t go to the concert to see them [:D]

I did see Ozzy with Randy in Florida, I think Riot was the backing band. Which brings me to all the Ozzy/Dio thing. I and most of my friends (Sabbath-heads) didn´t take the split-up of Sabbath to good, niether there future groups/line-ups! Ozzy´s solo albums were just not Sabbath, and Sabbath with Dio as a front man was also just not Sabbath!

It wasent till year´s later that we actualy accepted Ozzy on his own, and Dio with Sabbath! Later we all came to realise how good Ozzy´s solo albums were with Randy/Jake E. Lee, and how good those two albums Dio did with Sabbath! Even Dio´s (RIP) albums were great!

Yeah, Never Say Die wasent there best album (there last of that era), but in time each and every one is great! [:)]

Great songs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9czKRAuVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2_EDyAc7Ro

"Fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me"! [:D]

--

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Cool guys, good stuff, that was some ground breaking stuff back in the day.

The 70's was messed up with all that crap disco duck.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: demyansk

Cool guys, good stuff, that was some ground breaking stuff back in the day.

The 70's was messed up with all that crap disco duck.

To be honest, I rather have "Earth, Wind and Fire" then the techno/house/reggaton stuff thats out now day´s! [8|]
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

And Malcolm Young just died, from ACDC.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Zap

Post by Zap »

Met their Drummer Bill Ward in California we had a few conversations at different times, Nice guy. This was a little before he separated from them 2 years ago.
budd

Post by budd »

Bummer about Malcolm, its like more than a few of the old rockers going out each year now.

Ozzy was already gone when i got on the Sabbath train. I was around 12 when Heaven and Hell came out. My first listen was Masters of Reality followed quickly by We sold Our souls for Rock n Roll, which is still one of my favorites but Heaven and Hell was a kick ass album also. Heaven and Hell did sound a bit different but i think a lot of that was the advancement of studio technology, the 70's stuff sounded more raw. I only saw them with Ozzy during the reunion tour but managed to see them with Dio a few times. I took to solo Ozzy stuff right away because Randy was the shit[;)].

Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

Just a tad bit older when I discoverd Sabbath, I was 16 and it was with Paranoid. They were still together and Never Say Die was already on the shelf´s. I was already heavy into Sabbath and all there albums, but then they split up. Shortly came out Heaven and Hell, and right after Ozzy´s Blizzard of Ozz. But for us Sabbath heads both albums were just not Black Sabbath! We were very pissed-off with Ozzy for leaving Sabbath, that´s how we felt!

We all just keept on with the old Sabbath albums, and with time we then accepted Ozzy and his cradle of great guitarist, and the fine voice of Dio in his recordings with Sabbath. I then later became fan of Dio´s work in solo and with Rainbow, but like I said, It took time to digest Sabbath without Ozzy for all his fans! I didn´t even go to see Ozzy with Randy that night, I went to the show to see Riot!

Yeah now Iam happy I did get a chance to see Randy, but at the time I didn´t care about what Ozzy was doing, he broke my heart when he left Sabbath and his solo albums had nothing to do with what Black Sabbath would/did compose before they split up! Something similar happend when Cliff Burton died (Metallica), fans just couldent deal with the new bassist (Jason), or any substitute!

Your young and it´s like when the first time your girfriend drops you for someone else [:D]

A side from all of this, I think apart from the music and being some real cool guy´s, what realy got the hype was that they were hardly on any music magazines of the time (Circus Magazine, Hit Parader, Creem), they were more of a underground band! It was hard to find pictures, posters, T-shirts etc. which made them even bigger! [;)]

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I really like Zakk Wylde and Black Label Society. Good posts guys, keep them coming.

By the way, what is the deal with Bill Ward?

Just not able to play anymore?
Zap

Post by Zap »

Two views on that. When I knew him he told me going on the tours would threaten his sobriety. The other band members said he didn't want to do the work (have to loose weight going on tour). Probably some truth in both points.
budd

Post by budd »

You know Black Sabbath "The End" Live just came out yesterday. Live music from the last tour.

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks Budd, I watched the documentary on Showtime.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks Zap about info on Bill Ward.
Zecke

Post by Zecke »

habláis (U TALK) de todo..pero opino que los BEATLESS lo inventaron todo y cuando vieron que el HEAVY era pronto lo dejaron.
Epsilon Eridani

Return to “General Discussion”