Iraq Not Surrendering Bug?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Harrybanana

RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug?

Post by Harrybanana »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
What exactly is "US coastal raiding"?
It is those Red Crosshatched hexes off the coasts of the US and Canada. Place a naval unit in one of them to 'raid'.

4.2.1. The War at Sea
You will notice that here there are red hatched
icons in the vicinity of some ports. These signify
good raiding areas, where your navy can attack and
sink enemy merchant ships and therefore reduce
the strength and supply level of the nearby port.

Thank you. I didn't even know you could raid the US coast prior to its War Entry. Anyway, I have never seen it done in any of my games.
Robert Harris
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

ORIGINAL: Harrybanana

Yes, but I thought that the US and USSR were suppose to gain mobilization % (or at least have the chance to do so) every turn regardless of what the Axis does (just like Italy and the Axis minors do). In this case the US has been stuck at 33% for almost a year. Russia was stuck as well until early 41 and has made only marginal gains since to 42% mobilization. The result is that you are gaining a lot more MPPs than me every turn (about 850 to 500). If I am wrong about this (and there is no automatic Mobilization gain for the US and USSR) then this is something the Axis can clearly exploit. For example, in our game you could just stop attacking now (or at least don't do anything to increase US or USSR mobilization) and then out produce, out tech and out diplomacy me for the next 2 or 3 years until 43 or 44 and then launch simultaneous invasions of the UK and USSR with overwhelming force.

I may have to start a separate thread on this issue (if it is an issue).

Could we hear from the Developers please? Is the Iraq surrender broken or am I just extremely unlucky? Why has the US mobilization % not moved in almost a year of game time?

Hi Harry

The US will automatically start increasing from the start of 1941 but only if the USSR has joined the Allies.

That changes from late 1941 when Pearl Harbor happens, with a one-off jump after that, and then starting in 1942 when a further script kicks in solely requiring the UK to be Allied for it to fire.

For the USSR, it has a 90% chance per turn of going up 1-2% from the start of 1941, with a further and separate 100% chance per turn from the 22nd June 1941 of increasing 1-3%.

From your description, it may be that everything is working as intended, and as 1941 progresses you should hopefully find your mobilization levels increasing. Please keep us informed on this.

Bill

Bill does the US mobilization increase once France surrenders? If so, since France has not surrender in my game with Waclaw, that might be another explanation for the low US Mobilization number.
Robert Harris
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

I didn't find the scripts the way you said, but I found 2 scripts as follows:

#NAME= DE 624 - UK Invades Iraq In Response To Pro-Axis Coup (Variable)
#POPUP= Allied Invasion Forces Sheik Rashid Ali To Resign - Iraqi Government Collapses
#IMAGE= ukoccupyiraq.png
#SOUND= battle2.ogg
#FLAG= 1
#TYPE= 1
#AI= 0
#GV= 1[1,100]
#LINK= 624[1]
#LEVEL= 0
#COUNTRY_ID= 56
#RECIPIENT_ID= 112
#ARMISTICE= 0
#REMOVE= 3
#TRIGGER= 25
#DATE= 1941/04/18
; Set variable conditions:
; 1st Line - UK politically aligned with Allies and not surrendered
; 2nd Line - Iraq politically Axis and not surrendered
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 112 [2] [100] [0]
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 56 [1] [100] [0]
; Allies within range of Baghdad
#CONDITION_POSITION= 234,120 [1,1] [2,2] [2] [0]
}

;REMOVE1941
;
; UK Invades Iraq
; Historical date of event was 1941/04/18
; Germany does not send a mission to support the Iraqis
{
#NAME= DE 624 - UK Invades Iraq In Response To Pro-Axis Coup (Variable)
#POPUP= Allied Invasion Forces Sheik Rashid Ali To Resign - Iraqi Government Collapses
#IMAGE= ukoccupyiraq.png
#SOUND= battle2.ogg
#FLAG= 1
#TYPE= 1
#AI= 0
#GV= 1[1,100]
#LINK= 624[0]
#LEVEL= 0
#COUNTRY_ID= 56
#RECIPIENT_ID= 112
#ARMISTICE= 0
#REMOVE= 3
#TRIGGER= 75
#DATE= 1941/04/18
; Set variable conditions:
; 1st Line - UK politically aligned with Allies and not surrendered
; 2nd Line - Iraq politically Axis and not surrendered
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 112 [2] [100] [0]
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 56 [1] [100] [0]
; Allies within range of Baghdad
#CONDITION_POSITION= 234,120 [1,1] [2,2] [2] [0]
}
Robert Harris
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

available, then Iraq will not surrender due to the two unit rule. But you say that you did impose sanctions, so that's not an issue.
Grasping at straws, what two units are next to Baghdad? I think maybe garrisons don't count?

I hope Garrisons do count, otherwise I've made a big mistake in my only Allied PBEM game... :-(
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks Harrybanana and if you don't see it listed there in game then it is not going to fire. I suspect this is related to a rare issue we've discovered and we are working to correct this for the next update.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Oxford, any units will suffice.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

This is what I see in the 1939 Campaign, and I thought it had to be Type = 2 in order to be checked every turn, which is why I said that.

A TYPE=2 just means that the event will go on repeating, a TYPE=1 will only fire a single time after the conditions are met... so the 75% trigger is one of those conditions that needs to be met, and once that condition is met, the event is removed and never repeated as it is a TYPE=1

Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Thanks Harrybanana and if you don't see it listed there in game then it is not going to fire. I suspect this is related to a rare issue we've discovered and we are working to correct this for the next update.

Hubert, I am not a coder and know very little about computer programming. So when Bill told me to go to "Options -> Advanced -> Scripts" I did not know what he meant. Where do I find the "Options" tab? Is it in the Game Menu? If so I only saw a Settings Tab. Or is it in the Editor? If so I couldn't find it. So what I did was go to the game program itself on my C drive and found the scripts for the 1939 Campaign. Those are the ones I printed above.

I have another game that has reached the same point. So far just one turn without triggering the Iraqi surrender. But if there is a bug will it repeat in this game as well, or is that unlikely?
Robert Harris
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Ha! Next time I'll send a plane.
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

Ha! Next time I'll send a plane.

Hubert, will a plane work. I suppose it is then prone to being attacked by the Iraqi garrison.
Robert Harris
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hubert, I am not a coder and know very little about computer programming. So when Bill told me to go to "Options -> Advanced -> Scripts" I did not know what he meant. Where do I find the "Options" tab? Is it in the Game Menu? If so I only saw a Settings Tab. Or is it in the Editor? If so I couldn't find it. So what I did was go to the game program itself on my C drive and found the scripts for the 1939 Campaign. Those are the ones I printed above.

I have another game that has reached the same point. So far just one turn without triggering the Iraqi surrender. But if there is a bug will it repeat in this game as well, or is that unlikely?

Hi Harry

Sorry for not explaining in more detail, but when you are playing your turn you can find Options -> Advanced -> Scripts. You can find Options at the top right of the screen.

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hubert, will a plane work. I suppose it is then prone to being attacked by the Iraqi garrison.

Yes, any unit type placed in that position can act to trigger it.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

Hi Harry

Sorry for not explaining in more detail, but when you are playing your turn you can find Options -> Advanced -> Scripts. You can find Options at the top right of the screen.

Bill

Thanks Bill, But actually my fault for being an idiot as it never occurred to me to look for this tab when playing the game itself. In any event, I have checked and there are two scripts that say: "DE 624 - UK Invades Iraq In Response To Pro-Axis Coup (Variable)" But there is no "#NAME=" in front of it. Does that help?
Robert Harris
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

a TYPE=1 will only fire a single time after the conditions are met... so the 75% trigger is one of those conditions
Ahah! An ancient Chinese secret! As they say, I don't even know enough to know what I don't know.
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

Bill and Hubert,

I know it is a weekend and hopefully you guys don't work weekends. But just wanted to let you know that it has now been about 17 turns in one game and 3 in another that Iraq has not surrendered with 2 units adjacent to to Baghdad and a 25% surrender chance. So again, maybe I am just unlucky, but this continues to look more and more like a bug.

Not sure what you guys can and can't do with a saved game. But is it possible for you to just play out say 20 more turns of my game with waclaw (without saving to our game of course) to see if Iraq does surrender?

If you can't tell me definitively if it is a bug or not then let me know that as well. Then Waclaw and I will just play out our game and I'll let you know if when Baghdad surrenders.
Robert Harris
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

More Questions:
1. When does the Iraqi surrender get checked? The end of each turn or the beginning of each turn?
2. Does it get checked during both the Allies turn and the Axis turn? I assume so because no one corrected me when I stated this earlier, but I would like to be sure.
3. What happens to Axis ground and air units inside Iraq when it surrenders?
Robert Harris
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

I only ever saw it at the end of an allies turn.

Axis air stays there, if it was in a town it will have enoufh supply to operate back.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

If Irak surrendered, the country with all its sources turns allied, except occupied sources. They will drop to 3 supply, with the surrounding territory remaining hostile.

In case of freeing Irak, the Axis has to convert all the territory back separately; same for Persia, or Algeria on the other side.
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

I only ever saw it at the end of an allies turn.

Axis air stays there, if it was in a town it will have enoufh supply to operate back.

OK, so if there is only a surrender chance on the Allies turn (which is not specified in the Manual) then I have still been very unlucky, but not quite as unlucky as I thought. But is the check made at the end of the Allies turn or the beginning? If the end, then I in my game against Sugar I have missed two 75% chances of causing Iraq surrender.
Robert Harris
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

It is done at the end of the turn AFAIK.

Return to “Tech Support”