Wargames we would pay to see!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

m10bob

RE: Wargames we would pay to see!

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: James Taylor

Something in the realm of "Uncommon Valor". Starting with the Japanese invasion of the Bismarcks in early 1942 and continuing into 1944, like the time covered by "Fire in the Sky" before and after.

You literally want WITP, (or it's adult but younger brother WITP:AE.

They use the same game engine and expand UV to the entire war in the Pacific theater.

They come with scenarios and campaigns if size is an issue?

Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

I would like to see Avalon Hill´s "Tac-Air" done. Love that game!
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif

EASY....................... AGE OF RIFLES
ORIGINAL: TheGrayMouser

*Age of Rifles. No jokes here, we just need this game back!!
ORIGINAL: Rosseau

An updated Age of Rifles along the lines of Fields of Glory 2? Unlike TOAW, my memories of AoR are foggy. The game was certainly ahead of its time.

I'll go along with an updated Age of Rifles. But honestly, there are many, many other games worthy.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I would also like to see a game dedicated to the Korean war, which was the first real test of the U.N., and the outcome of which altered the destiny of many nations for years.
The French were unable to maintain their hold on "Indochina" as the U.S. was already committed in Korea, and therefore, France was the first major power to refuse participation in that U.N. "police action"

Many folks do not remember that in 1949 when North Korea first hit the South, the U.S. troops located there and the South Korean army were pushed all the way back to a very small perimeter around Pusan, and without a massive military build-up, South Korea would have ended right then.

I just feel that conflict deserves more than a few "scenarios", and perhaps an updating to a couple of nice games we had on the subject in the wonderful DOS days.[&:]

pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: Joe 98
Rise and Decline of the Third Reich 4th edition rules of course!

+1 [&o]

Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

I would LOVE to see a PC version of the old Avalon Hill classics like D-Day, Afrika Korps, Waterloo etc...

These and redo of Third Reich PC (so actually ALL the normal rules work and there are NO bad hexes).

Don't forget Gettysburg and Battle of the Bulge and Alexander also. [:)]
All the old AH classics.
Flipper
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: m10bob

I would also like to see a game dedicated to the Korean war, which was the first real test of the U.N., and the outcome of which altered the destiny of many nations for years.
The French were unable to maintain their hold on "Indochina" as the U.S. was already committed in Korea, and therefore, France was the first major power to refuse participation in that U.N. "police action"

Many folks do not remember that in 1949 when North Korea first hit the South, the U.S. troops located there and the South Korean army were pushed all the way back to a very small perimeter around Pusan, and without a massive military build-up, South Korea would have ended right then.

I just feel that conflict deserves more than a few "scenarios", and perhaps an updating to a couple of nice games we had on the subject in the wonderful DOS days.[&:]

Good call. I don't recall *any* efforts to put this into a modern computer wargame. That would be interesting.

A modern remake of "V.C." or other Vietnam-era game would also be a welcome entrant.

Ditto lastly to whoever said WiTP:AE II. I'd settle on a well-designed Mediterranean version of WiTP:AE.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

On my side, I would be happy if Matrix decides to do a rebirth of Crown of Glory Emperor Edition with current graphics. Engine is great but the old graphics needs a revamp. Please Matrix...
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Well if this thread is widened to a wishlist generally and not just previous wargames re-made, then I have only two computer wargame wishes (aside from a completed MWIF). I know the first is never going to happen (although perhaps the second is maybe, perhaps possible) but that doesn't stop me dreaming....

A proper, detailed War in the Mediterranean (June 1940 - May 1943) game - naval (individual ship), air (Squadron) and land (Division/Brigade).

A proper, detailed Guadalcanal Campaign (August 1942 - February 1943) game - naval (individual ship), air (Squadron) and land (Regiment/Battalion).
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
JReb

Post by JReb »

+1 to Age of Rifles and all the old Avalon Hill games. Would like to add SPI's Battle for the Ardennes game. Loved that game, had 1940 and 1944 OOBs. Good times.

In general I would like to see more tactical games at the company or platoon level in any era post ACW and linear formations. Those seem most difficult to make and I have never understood why.

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!
shaddock

Post by shaddock »

I'd like to see GDW's Third World War - expanded to cover the whole world, naval units and rules, and expanded politics.
save the carrots; eat a vegan!
MagicMissile

Post by MagicMissile »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Avalon Hill's Bismarck. Just imagine what they could do with that boardgame on computer....

I didn´t play it but I liked "Flat Top" which I also believe would be a decent computer game on a easier level then WitP for example.
MagicMissile

Post by MagicMissile »

Me too just need to win the lottery and it will be done [:D]
jack54

Post by jack54 »

I may have misunderstood this thread and previously posted kind of a wish list; If we are talking board-game re-makes for the PC...

I'd pay for

* Bloody April 1917 - Air War of Arras France. (Terry Simo)

* Empire of the Sun - the Pacific War 1941-1945 (Mark Herman)

* Downtown- Air war over Hanoi 1965-1972 (Lee Brimmicombe-Wood)

and maybe *Elusive Victory- Air War over the Suez Canal 1967 to 1973 (Terry Simo)

All are board-games by GMT. I'm surprised by the number of air combat games I picked but I think the PC FOW would really work as opposed to using dummy counters.
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

NWS's "Rule the Waves" with graphics fit for the 80s, or maybe even 90s.
jamespcrowley

Post by jamespcrowley »

A game in which the AI can handle a half decent attack (yet to see one); where you have to give realistic military style orders that take time to change (Ditto); where there is a proper command and control system that imposes real limits as to who you can give orders to (ditto); that imposes sensible limits to casualties before units call off suicidal attacks (ditto).
One can dream.
Cheers

Jim
toomutch

Post by toomutch »

I'd like to see GDW's Third World War - expanded to cover the whole world, naval units and rules, and expanded politics.

This is my first post on this forum, the above is definitely one I would love to see and play, there needs to be a good divisional level Third World War game.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

-A modernized version of "Age of Rifles"

-A modernized version of Steel Panthers (someday we are going to see a pic from Steel Tigers [:D])

-A modernized version of "Age of Sail II" (with luck we can see it in next years, part anounce of Age of Sail III and that i know a guy want work in a nap naval title after release his last ancient naval battles game hehehe).

-An operatinal-strategic game covering WWI air combat with research-production-creation of units-control over front use of air units, here i think in a mix of HPS "Defending the reich" with the turns like for RAF player, you give orders and turns are resolved in WEGO style but with level of detail of Gribsby air games.

I really want see the WWI title because the air operational-stragic wargames are rare for PC and if we talk about WWI...
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

ORIGINAL: James Taylor
Something in the realm of "Uncommon Valor". Starting with the Japanese invasion of the Bismarcks in early 1942 and continuing into 1944, like the time covered by "Fire in the Sky" before and after.
+1 for new versions of UV and Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

Since we have a new Steel Panthers remake coming up my next wishes would be Tactical Naval and Tactical Air combat games

Age of Sail, Russo-WWI, WWII naval warfare...I cannot get enough and we have an ancient title now in Mare Nostrum, we need to keep it going. I still play Age of Sail to get my fix...would love a remake. Real time is fine...but...I sure would like a system that would allow PBEM. NWS has done a great job but they are limited to one man developers with limited resources and time. Matrix is just the company we need to make a nice looking, detailed series of tactical naval simulations.

Tactical air war of the WWI and WWII periods is even less represented than naval warfare! I would think that it would lend itself really well to a computer simulation (not a 3D simulator...we have those). There are plenty of great board games that could be ported. Again, I would really like to see them PBEM capable as well.
Kind Regards,

Harry

Return to “General Discussion”