How do I find all the Scenarios?

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
spinecruncher

How do I find all the Scenarios?

Post by spinecruncher »

Seriously I purchased the game thinking I would be playing Guns og August, as the game description clearly states the scenario is available. But only three scenarios?
Zorfwaddle

RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios?

Post by Zorfwaddle »

You are only seeing what is in the Tutorial directory. Use the "set default directory" button. Happened to me too ;-)
"AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m****rf****r in the room. Accept no substitutes." Ordell Robbie - "Jackie Brown"
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

OKAY BUT THERE IS NO SINGLEPLAYER?
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

Even the Campaign scenarios are 2 Player only! If Matrix would have made that clear, a lot of buyers wouldn't feel cheated right now! They would have avoided the purchase!
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

ORIGINAL: ballyhoo

Yes there is, but not all scenarios are designed for it. Check the scenarios descriptions, there are tons of them designed for SP.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

And why does the music not turn off? There is a drop down button, but no matter how I select it, does not go away - that bloody musac!
Zorfwaddle

Post by Zorfwaddle »

I agree, maybe they should make a note of that on the product page, like World In Flames, that some/many of the scenarios are 2-player only. But, I agree with Mr meyer1, there is enough SP to keep one busy for a while. PBEM will be heating up soon, I'm sure. Yes, I'm an introvert and prefer playing by myself too. ;-)
"AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m****rf****r in the room. Accept no substitutes." Ordell Robbie - "Jackie Brown"
Zorfwaddle

Post by Zorfwaddle »

And why does the music not turn off? There is a drop down button, but no matter how I select it, does not go away - that bloody musac!

Don't know. Mine went away with "No Background Sound."
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Just look through the scenarios. Most of them will say whether or not they have a PO (Programmed Opponent). That would make it a single player scenario. The majority of the scenarios are made to be played single player for one side or the other and sometimes both sides. It's not really that hard to find them if you bother to try.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Almost all of the older T3 scenarios can be played against the PO.
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: Zorfwaddle

Don't know. Mine went away with "No Background Sound."
You can also go into the player options and set the volume all the way down.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

When you start a new game, one of the buttons on the bottom allow you to select which side you want to play. You can evel ask the AI to play some formations on your side.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Geez man, you really thought that Matrix would announce over two hundred scenarios and only deliver three? perhaps a look to the manual, or a question in a forum, before announce that you got robbed [8|]
gbaby

Post by gbaby »

Are you joking? Majority of the scenarios are SINGLEPLAYER (got me yelling too). Its called the PO, if you read a PO defined for a side in scenario description, that scenario is designed as SINGLEPLAYER scenario. It might not say SP, but that is what it means.

Some of the campaigns are very large and the AI does a poor with it, as usually described in the text. But if you want, you can still play against the AI as a SINGLEPLAYER, even if text says PBEM ONLY!!! Might not be challenging, but it will play.

BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Before this thread continues:
I took a quick look and of 286 scenario 121 state the use of both sides as PO and 36 have one side as PO.
Only 33 scenario state they are PBEM only.
Most unaccounted are surely playable vs AI too, it's just that the info is deep in those long briefings.
In the end all are playable vs the AI, how good depends on the scenario designer.
r6kunz

Post by r6kunz »

Thanks for the research, BigDuke66 (66? birthyear? graduation? callsign?)
I am surprised someone would feel blindsided with 250 scenarios playable against the PO. (perhaps some players are confused by the expression PO? Programmed Opponent is the best term since it reflects an opponent that follows a programmed strategy and not Artificial Intelligence (Deep Blue for every scenario??)
Each iteration seems to improve.
As a topic for another thread, if I run a PO vs PO with a given scenario in III, convert it with no mods to IV I have seen a Significant Victory for side A in III and side B in IV. Still working on that...
RAK
Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.
r6kunz

Post by r6kunz »

Seriously I purchased the game thinking I would be playing Guns og August, as the game description clearly states the scenario is available. But only three scenarios? I got robbed!
As the designer of 1914 Guns of AugustI hope you were able to go to the WWI scenario folder and find the Kaiser's Armee
ready to do your bidding.

Any problems please let us know.
RAK
Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Lot of new players not used to the folders where the different time framed scenarios are located. You can play everything on this game and it takes a little time.

Thanks for a good game.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Guys it looks like we need to do a better job of highlighting the single player content. We'll pas this on to the team and see what we can do. Sorry for any confusion.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

While you can always do a better job highlighting stuff as a dev, it wouldn't hurt forum members to not completely flip out before asking questions. Seems to be a pattern with certain people.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”