[Deleted]

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
larryfulkerson

RE: Sounds and music of TAOW IV

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: larrybush
I imagine the music and sound effects have not changed, and that's ok by me. But there was always this word that retreated units used I never understood???

Ara Ara - or so it sounds, anyone know what there really saying? I would sure help my gaming life to know what these guys are crying out!
I think they are shouting Hoorah! Hoorah! like a victory cry or something. The Japs do a "Banzi" every once in a while.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Yeah I also asociated that to the guys that were advancing.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I have attached here below the sound file that needs be played to hear the "hurrah, hurrah". I can't remember where I
found it but there's a lot of sites on the web that have sound effects and programs that can convert them into the
ogg format that TOAW uses. I found a bunch of truck sound effects and substituted one of them for the regular
sound file just to make my copy of the game different. And aircraft sound effects are the same way. It almost makes
it a different game.

EDIT: Here's the link for a site with free sound effects:
https://www.zapsplat.com/sound-effect-categories/
Attachments
advance.ogg.txt
(23.37 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
NikolaiEzhov

Post by NikolaiEzhov »

Maybe the sound system needs more love.
Proletariat of the world, unite!
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Sound files are easily changeable; e.g. I used a few from other games, like Panzer Campaigns, and so on. It works without any problems.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Hi Klink ! I never found a program that converts to OGG files [free of course, plenty I could pay for]. Do you have something ? Otherwise, sounds files are easily swapped.
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Hi Klink ! I never found a program that converts to OGG files [free of course, plenty I could pay for]. Do you have something ? Otherwise, sounds files are easily swapped.

http://online-audio-converter.com/es/
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I've found a free tool called VideoLan VLC and it'll convert sound files from several types to several others.
It's what I use for my TOAW4 modding.

Here's a link:
https://www.videolan.org/index.html

EDIT: Ooops. Somebody already beat me to the post.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

No need for a converter from .WAV to .OGG; just rename the extension and it works.

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (48.58 KiB) Viewed 246 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink
No need for a converter from .WAV to .OGG; just rename the extension and it works.

Klink, Oberst
You gotta be kidding me. That's it? I can DO that. Thanks, now we're in the sound
effects business. I'm going to see if I can't find another truck sound. Something
with a diesel engine.
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

The game probably uses some windows media playing stuff that doesn't care what extension the file has, but I'm not sure just renaming a WAV to OGG is a good idea [:D] Just think of the disk usage for a lot of files [X(]

For converting heaps of files I've found this to be very useful, takes a lot of input and output formats, and a pretty slick UI.
https://www.poikosoft.com/

VLC works but man do you have to do every file and save it manually?
OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

VLC works but man do you have to do every file and save it manually?
That's the way I've been using it.
oninohalibut

Post by oninohalibut »

Try a piece of software called handbrake (handbrake.fr) for the conversions you can do multiple files all at once.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Ashishtrank07

Post by Ashishtrank07 »

Hey, listen to songs from YouTube YouTube is a free watching videos platform but YouTube not able to mp3 formats it's only a video Uploading and watching platform but I able to listen to youtube songs to mp3 from convert mp3 its YouTube to Mp3 converter.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

spam from a waste of space spammer, nothing to see here, account and waste of space person and post will be removed asap, move along and get a life
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
UnionWarDog

Post by UnionWarDog »

I think if you could assign a sound file to an equipment type in the equipment editor, that would be pretty cool. Nothing like customizing the sounds per unit type. The basic cracker box files could be expanded or allowed to assign files...like the 3d graphic file assignment in the editor would be interesting. :)

While add it, maybe add a Victory, Draw or Defeat sound file for the final conclusion. Always nice to hear trumpets after a VICTORY. :)

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”