Also seeking a teaching opponent

Post requests for head to head play here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Rondor11

Also seeking a teaching opponent

Post by Rondor11 »

I have had the game for a while but just never delved deep enough. I would love to learn this monster and at least become competent. I was once fairly decent at ASL so hopefully this game wont bring me to my knees.

I am located in Los Angeles

If anyone is interested in playing against and teaching me the game I would be much obliged.

Thanks!
Chris B

Tribute to DD485, the USS Duncan. Sunk at Cape Esperance October 11, 1942 with my 15 year old father aboard. 48 died from wounds and sharks.
Jaimainsoyyo

RE: Also seeking a teaching opponent

Post by Jaimainsoyyo »

Send me a PM .
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

I think a multiplayer game is good for teaching since you get a team-mate to advise you and bounce questions at. If you guys decide to start up a 4 player game pls let me know as I'd be interested. I think someone else on here was LF a teaching game also.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Jaimainsoyyo

Post by Jaimainsoyyo »

Good idea John, but then we would need another player , any proposal about that?
Rondor11

Post by Rondor11 »

4 would be great if we can find another.

Chris B

Tribute to DD485, the USS Duncan. Sunk at Cape Esperance October 11, 1942 with my 15 year old father aboard. 48 died from wounds and sharks.
lomyrin

Post by lomyrin »

I can play, but only via emails, not live.

I am experienced for many years and now located in Menifee SoCal
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

ORIGINAL: Rondor39
I would love to learn this monster and at least become competent. I was once fairly decent at ASL so hopefully this game wont bring me to my knees.

imo it's less complex than ASL. Anyone can learn it if they've played some other wargames already, and having MWIF enforce rules makes it a lot easier to learn.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

It is complexity on different scales though. ASL being a tactical level game and WiF being a grand strategy game, they have different focus.
In ASL you have a scenario and you optimise given set of assets vs the scenario objective for your side, information overload in the mechanics and on the counters. It is rather one dimensional on the strategic level.
In WiF you have a spectrum of strategic options and an economic component, but tactical combat is rather one dimensional.

Learning with MWiF is only advised if you want to stay with MWiF. You are playing a different game in the end.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
PeteGarnett

Post by PeteGarnett »

Did you find a 4th player?

Return to “Opponents Wanted”