Uboot Sim

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rising-Sun

Uboot Sim

Post by Rising-Sun »

Saw this few times on youtube and it is pretty impressive simulation of Uboat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLMQ8_BG51I

Saw Das Boot other day, believe this suppose to be the same boat, U-96!
zakblood

RE: Uboot Sim

Post by zakblood »

yes must admit that does look good, thanks for sharing
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

I see things have improved a tad or two, since CBM 64 and Silent Service [:D]

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

played and enjoyed Silent Service & Silent Service 2 on the pc, so maybe something for me as it sure does look like a good follow on for the type.

waiting for a sale of Cold Waters also, as it's a new sub game, and also looks good
Spiritual Successor to the Microprose Classic “Red Storm Rising”

Code: Select all

http://store.steampowered.com/app/541210/Cold_Waters/

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Oh wow, that looks truly amazing!
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

played and enjoyed Silent Service & Silent Service 2 on the pc, so maybe something for me as it sure does look like a good follow on for the type.

waiting for a sale of Cold Waters also, as it's a new sub game, and also looks good
Spiritual Successor to the Microprose Classic “Red Storm Rising”

Code: Select all

http://store.steampowered.com/app/541210/Cold_Waters/

Been waiting for Cold Waters to go on sale since it came out [>:] To be honest Zak, I dont think it´s gonna happen, I just get that feeling that KillerFish will just not put this title on sale. In the meanwhile I got "Atlantic Fleet" which is also by KillerFish, it´s nice too!

Regarding UBOOT, it wont be out till next year, and they already said that there wont be any early access for it. Once it´s fully done, then they will put it out. So, will have to wait on that one! One can always get "Dangerous Waters" and "sink" his brain into that, but then that is a true hardcore sub sim, as Janes 688i H/K was back in the good old days! [;)]
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Yeah looking forward to get this as well, look interesting though.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

I have been following UBOOT on Steam for some time now. It looks very good. I hope it will be as much or more fun to play than the Silent Service series, the Silent Hunter series, and Command: Aces of the Deep.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

I have been following UBOOT on Steam for some time now. It looks very good. I hope it will be as much or more fun to play than the Silent Service series, the Silent Hunter series, and Command: Aces of the Deep.

dont forget Epyx "Sub Battle Simulator" - another great sub classic and one that i think is better than the already great Silent Service games.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

dont forget Epyx "Sub Battle Simulator" - another great sub classic and one that i think is better than the already great Silent Service games.

I'm surprised I missed that one. But to tell you the truth, I don't remember ever hearing of it until your post. Back in the days before the internet, I had to rely on the games displayed at Software ETC and Babbages, game catalogs enclosed in the game boxes I'd purchased, mailed advertisements--either individual or in PC gaming magazines, and word of mouth to learn of PC games. And those were the good old days?
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
MagicMissile

Post by MagicMissile »

Looks really nice. Will probably get it but the usual problem still applies too many games and not enough time :)
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Nice but looks more like an arcade game than a hard core simulation. Silent Hunter 3 is a reference for me.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
sanch

Post by sanch »

I wore out my 3.5" floppies for the original Aces of the Deep. Great game for its time.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: sanch
the original Aces of the Deep. Great game for its time.

+1 Between AOD and 688 Attack Sub, I spent a lot of time "under water" and having fun.

With all due respect to UBOOT, it's got really nice graphics, but... I don't care. I don't need all that pan/tilt/zoom and cutaways of the hull and getting personal with the crew running back and forth. I just want to play a single-player sim like AOD with better graphics. SH3 with Grey Wolves was good. This one, meh. I'll pass.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer

Return to “General Discussion”