Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Dimitris

RE: Command LIVE Black Gold Blitz is OUT!

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: Malafon
I'm genuinely interested and honestly not trolling when I wonder why this is so hard to add in the standard out-of-the-box game decades later? Apologies if this seems ungrateful for your hard work, that is NOT my intention.

The good intention is understood and appreciated.
User1984

Post by User1984 »

I just started the scenario from the Iranian side, and have a question regarding the scenario features and realism options.

As shown below, Detailed Gun Fire Control, Aircraft Damage, and Night & Weather Affect Air Ops are NOT selected.

Wouldn't having these options selected make the scenario more realistic and interesting? So, I am wondering if there was a reason that these options were not selected by the scenario designer?

Attachments
BlitzSettings.jpg
BlitzSettings.jpg (59.48 KiB) Viewed 47 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: chops

I just started the scenario from the Iranian side, and have a question regarding the scenario features and realism options.

As shown below, Detailed Gun Fire Control, Aircraft Damage, and Night & Weather Affect Air Ops are NOT selected.

Wouldn't having these options selected make the scenario more realistic and interesting? So, I am wondering if there was a reason that these options were not selected by the scenario designer?

Pretty sure this was covered earlier or in a different string but think the reason was that not everybody owns the DLC's those features came in so they're off by default.

Mike
Raptorx7_slith

Post by Raptorx7_slith »

Aircraft damage is an expansion related option, if someone doesn't have Chains of war they wouldn't be able to play.

If you want those options enabled just go into the editor under scenario options and enable them, its very easy.

Tailhook

Post by Tailhook »

I know the Patriot is only meant to be for terminal area BMD, but I find it never fires against any Iranian missiles because the maximum engagement speed for the missile is only 4000 kts but the incoming RVs are often at 5000 just before impact. Is this right? They're only SRBMs which the Patriot should be able to handle.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks, we've fixed the Patriot max target speed in the latest version of the database.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook »

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Thanks, we've fixed the Patriot max target speed in the latest version of the database.
Appreciate the quick fix!

Another bug I'm encountering, the ALARM is hitting Iranian SAM sites, but does nothing.

"13:26:10 - 13:26:10 - Weapon: ALARM Blk 1 airbursted off Building (Square Pair [5N62]) (of SA-5c Regiment Bushehr) by 4ft

13:26:10 - 13:26:10 - Weapon: ALARM Blk 1 #4596 airbursted directly on top of SA-5c Regiment Bushehr"

Go into the editor and enable God's Eye View, 0 damage to the offending SA-5 Battery.
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Had several Paveway IVs malfunction or hit wide. It appears they're only GPS/INS but I thought they also have laser guidance (not that the RSAF Tornadoes have designation capabilities...whoops, my bad, they have Damocles pods).
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Please post savegames in the Troubleshooting section and we'll look into.

On the ALARM, the warhead airbursts for max frag effect instead of attempting a direct impact. So please check the SA-5 unit's Damage window.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Andrea G

Post by Andrea G »

I found a discrepancy between the Iran Side Briefing and the actual situation.

The briefing says: "Our air force has mobilized everything that can fly. Although the majority are rigged with air to air loadouts, there is the possibility of them being rearmed for high-risk strike sorties".

But in reality most of the A/Cs have their loadouts restricted to A to A, the others being greyed out.

For example is possible to convert the Fulcums to a strike load but not the Fitters.

Is this intended to be so?
Coiler12

Post by Coiler12 »

ORIGINAL: Andrea G

I found a discrepancy between the Iran Side Briefing and the actual situation.

The briefing says: "Our air force has mobilized everything that can fly. Although the majority are rigged with air to air loadouts, there is the possibility of them being rearmed for high-risk strike sorties".

But in reality most of the A/Cs have their loadouts restricted to A to A, the others being greyed out.

For example is possible to convert the Fulcums to a strike load but not the Fitters.

Is this intended to be so?

In the Fitters case at Khark it's indeed intentional on my part. The F-4s you have at Bandar Abbas and especially Bushehr are quite rearmable. I'll probably remove the air-to-ground ones from the MiG-29 base (it doesn't look like the Fulcrums have the range) and add a few to aircraft that do (The Dezful F-5s look like they qualify with light loadouts) in the next update.
Andrea G

Post by Andrea G »

Thanks for the clarification Coiler
Andrea G

Post by Andrea G »

Hi everybody,
I have a BIG problem with "Black Gold Blitz".

I have tried to update the scenario DB to have the Patriots fire at the incoming Iranian SSM, but somehow creating the INI file I messed the .SCEN file and now I can no longer start the scenario.
I have already posted a thread in the Tech Support section but received no answer.

Have I to disintall all of CMANO and re-install it to get back the original file?

I have already tried to move the .SCEN file to another folder and run the installer but without result.

HELP please!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”