First scenario

Shifting Sands traces the history of many Arab-Israeli conflicts: from the sidelines of the Suez crisis, through the lightning Six-Day War, the guerilla-like War Of Attrition and the strategic surprise of the Yom Kippur War, all the way to the historic Osirak raid and the epic air battle over the Bekaa Valley
julianbarker

First scenario

Post by julianbarker »

I have pop ups set for new contacts. HMS Crane is sinking,having gone out of comms under heavy fire earlier on. But I have destroyed all the known threats. Unfortunately I get a pop up every second for HMS crane appearing as SKUNK and another pop up immediately afterwards saying the SKUNK is identified as HMS Crane. This goes on and on on and as each of my ships cycles through the discovery of SKUNK and identification and then does it again next cycle. The scenario has become unplayable unless I turn new contact and contact update pop ups off.
Dimitris

RE: First scenario

Post by Dimitris »

Hi, can you please post a save file of the situation? Thanks.
julianbarker

RE: First scenario

Post by julianbarker »

The attached zip file includes an auto save from before HMS Crane started sinking. From where she sinks the game goes into the SKUNK cycle. The second save game is from after HMS Crane has sunk, and demonstrates that the SKUNK cycle doesn't happen if the game starts after HMS Crane has begun sinking.

The SKUNK numbers for HMS CRANE began at #401 and doesn't continue from the other contact numbers. The SKUNK cycle increments the contact number by one each cycle.
Attachments
ShiftingS..sScen1.zip
(242.98 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Return to “Command: Shifting Sands”