I am concerned...

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Hailstone

I am concerned...

Post by Hailstone »

The upcoming update will stimulate discussion regarding TotH which is a good thing yet, will it reverse the trend of declining contributing
enthusiast and players? I went through a number of posts and found a steep decline in downloads of scenarios roughly from 250-300 as of
April 2017 to the 70's now in November 2017. Rico has by far promoted and maintained the passion for TotH during the slow times and I am deeply
appreciative. I kinda keep my eyes open for another Rico masterpiece from time to time. But, it is asking a lot of Rico even if we don't actually
submit scenario requests. He has unselfishly given more to TotH than anybody else, save the Author and Supporting Friends. We cannot continue
to rely on Rico and a few other contributors to "keep it going". My suggestion is for Peter to come up with a DLC with some serious updates and
additions to keep the community fresh. Please, avoid including new large scenarios that will contribute to the extensive lag. I was looking forward
to playing the previous campaign scenarios but alas, the delay was far too long to make the game an arduous experience instead of fun. Ain't fun
what its all about? I understand this is a labor of love done with the little spare time available but a DLC or TotH2 released in a few months could
stimulate the community enough to purchase enough TotH's that will allow the author to purchase something really nice for that special someone.
Of course, I didn't me but if you're interested maybe we can work something out.[;)]
aaatoysandmore

RE: I am concerned...

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Man; learn how to paragraph!
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

The FOW and LOS processing performance was improved by 45% in UPDATE4, I have tweaked the AI a bit as well so I'm hoping playing larger scenarios/CGs will be now fun to play.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

While I understand concerns in the start of thread post, it does seem pretty common that things slow down for any game as time goes on no matter how good it may be. We tend to love our older games but at the same time have a need to keep buying new releases that interest us. We will play that new release for many hours, until of course the next new release that interests us comes a long and we have to have it. And so it goes.

I do agree that releasing good DLC's can keep our interest and start us playing an old favorite again.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Yogi, you speak great.[;)]
slaphappypappy

Post by slaphappypappy »

I'm a latecomer but I would just like to Thank everybody for their help and to let Rico know that I have played and enjoyed his scenarios greatly.
I have played and enjoyed all the scenarios and don't want to slight anybody.
Looking forward to any future developments, DLC's and scenarios.
slaphappypappy

Post by slaphappypappy »

Addendum-I would like to see some improvement to AI.
Just my 2 cents.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

My 2 cents . . . more terrain and unit types. ;-)
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

The FOW and LOS processing performance was improved by 45% in UPDATE4, I have tweaked the AI a bit as well so I'm hoping playing larger scenarios/CGs will be now fun to play.

My 3 cents.[:'(]

If the processing performance is improved 45% then larger scenarios will be much more fun to play. But you say you are hoping? I guess it would be nice to know
if play testing trials are showing that aspect or not. Has the processing time improved to the point where one could reasonably breeze through Kursk-Bled White?

Down the road I am also looking for more terrain, new units/nations and a tougher A/I. I believe all of us are.

This would even be acceptable to me if it were DLC instead of updates.

But if the look ahead suggests Desert or Pacific then IMO new modules may be needed like TotH-Western Desert or TotH-Pacific Operations. Stand alones from TotH might be the way to go.

Getting real excited for the holidays Peter with the new Update4 to TotH and Campaign Series Middle East 2.0 do soon. Good times ahead!

Cheers![:)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Hi Big Ivan. Yes the tests of Update 4 shows good performance boosts on the CG Scenarios. The 45% processing improvement are confirmed in all the trials we have made.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Hi Paullus, that's good news, very encouraging, thanks!

Cheers![;)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Stilletto

Post by Stilletto »

That is great news! Any news on when it's going to be released? I believe it has been submitted to Matrix, if I remember correctly.

Anyone from Matrix staff have a comment on release timeframe?

Thank you!
When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

"Ms. Betty has sharp thorns, but underneath is a delicate flower." -ltfightr
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Stilletto

That is great news! Any news on when it's going to be released? I believe it has been submitted to Matrix, if I remember correctly.

Anyone from Matrix staff have a comment on release timeframe?

Thank you!

I have submitted UPDATE4 to the publisher October 30, I wanted to do it ASAP as I know matrix games get very busy around the holidays. I just finished testing the publisher UPDATE4 installation package today and it's working great, so I would imagine pretty soon :)
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

45%, that's great news, Peter!

Looking forward to the update, and more DLCs for the future. [:)]
Richard

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”